BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

A MUST for style 68 wheel owners...

2255 Views 16 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Wosby
This brush is incredible...



It reaches all the way in past the rotor and cleans the entire inside of the wheel and behind the slots. Here's an example, rotor has rust due to being just washed. See how it's clean all the way to the rear of the wheel. Brush gets it effortlessly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Where to buy it? Clear coat safe? Thx.
That came out nice!

I must admit that the metal core scares the bajeebers out of me though. One wrong move and your wheel is toast. :yikes:

Speaking of scratches, I just bought a pair of microfiber shorts so I have something safe to wear when I'm washing my car. :D Anyone else have these? The best thing about them is if you get caught without a MF towel and sprinklers hit your car, all you have to do is drop your shorts... instant emergency towel!

I know, I know... the fabric isn't made for paint. Maybe I should have my clothes made out of Griot's MF towels. ;)

--SONET
:tsk: :rolleyes: :eeps: :bigpimp:

You would have a market for them here at least:)
SONET said:
Maybe I should have my clothes made out of Griot's MF towels. ;)

--SONET
I would think you could find it at most autoparts stores. My father gave this to me because he wasn't using it. I originally used it, after a year of sitting on the shelf, to clean the dirt behind the slots. Then I realized it would go all the way through to the back. The bristles are plastic. I only use it for the rear portion of the wheel, I have a soft, long handle, tufted bristle brush for the face. I haven't seen any ill effects on the finish but then again, I haven't taken a mirror and magnifying glass to examine the rear of the wheel. Any way you slice it, clean with very minor damage, if any, to the finish inside, beats a black, filthy, brake dust covered finish. :)

P.S. It's the shape of the brush that's the key, maybe a different bristle is available somewhere. Let me know if you find something else.
bing330i said:
Where to buy it? Clear coat safe? Thx.
But I so enjoy scrapping the skin off of my knuckles and losing quantum amounts of blood cleaning my wheels. My skin is so tough now that it usually takes a couple of good shots from the rotors to just give them even just a rash appearance.

Besides, it gives me the 'Gladiator' look and shows my wife that this is not all just 'fun and games' here washing the car instead of tackling her insurmountable honey-do list.

J/k John! This does look like a neat tool that I should add to my arsenal to go to war with the 68's. :thumb:
It's a totally painless process with this brush. I wet the wheels, spray with p21s wheel cleaner, then fill a bucket with soap and water. Next, get out my Griot's rolling seat, sit down and use this brush to swish around the inside of the wheel. Then, the long handle, soft tufted brush for the outside face of the wheel, and the short handle stiff brush for the tire. Rinse and move on to the next wheel, I do the rears first and then the fronts so the bucket soap doesn't get quite as dirty. When all done, move the car forward or back to expose the area covered by the brake caliper and quickly brush clean and rinse. That's it, no sore hands and no sore back, thanks to the rolling seat!

IndyMike said:
But I so enjoy scrapping the skin off of my knuckles
That's kind of the process that I follow. Religously I wash my wheels twice a week,
and apply a strong coat of wax every 4 - 6 weeks whether they need it or not.
It may be overkill, but it keeps my wheels looking like this:
<img src=http://members.roadfly.com/mikecanada1/Pc220075.jpg>

johnlew said:


It's a totally painless process with this brush. I wet the wheels, spray with p21s wheel cleaner, then fill a bucket with soap and water. Next, get out my Griot's rolling seat, sit down and use this brush to swish around the inside of the wheel. Then, the long handle, soft tufted brush for the outside face of the wheel, and the short handle stiff brush for the tire. Rinse and move on to the next wheel, I do the rears first and then the fronts so the bucket soap doesn't get quite as dirty. When all done, move the car forward or back to expose the area covered by the brake caliper and quickly brush clean and rinse.
johnlew said:
That's it, no sore hands and no sore back, thanks to the rolling seat!

Yeah. I got one of those from Snap-on a few years back.
I drag it often and just let the good times roll!
I agree John. :thumb:

Have you seen the BMW ones? Those brushes were certainly designed with BMW wheels in mind... :thumb:
Indy Mike, your wheels look better then mine did when they were brand new :thumb: :thumb:

Seriously they look great, I can't even imagine washing my wheels twice a month, forget about twice a week :D :D
Sonet . . . whatever you do . . . DON'T take a picture of you performing this emergency manuver :eek: :eek:

I don't think it's a site any of us want to see :lmao: :lmao:
SONET said:

Speaking of scratches, I just bought a pair of microfiber shorts so I have something safe to wear when I'm washing my car. :D Anyone else have these? The best thing about them is if you get caught without a MF towel and sprinklers hit your car, all you have to do is drop your shorts... instant emergency towel!
--SONET
I've got a very similiar brush . . . it makes cleaning the wheels much easier plus your fingers don't take a beating from slamming them into the brakes !!!
johnlew said:
This brush is incredible...



Whenever I read a description and it says it won't scratch wire wheels, I tend to get a little nervous . . . Our M68's are so fragile compared to any other wheels and wire wheels are usually pretty strong so I guess what I am really saying is . . . would that brush scratch MY wheels ?
eboller said:
I have no idea =(.

Theres also one that is cone shaped but it is foam. Don't know whether it is long enough though to reach way in:

http://store.yahoo.com/classic-motoring/eagonesoftou.html
bavauto.com has a couple good wheel brushes. I thought yours was the red one I bought from them, but it looks like yours has more of a pointed tip.

They do sell this one though...
Dude's,

If you use P21S Wheel Cleaner, you dont have to brush or sponge a damn thing. Spray it on liberally, and hose off under high pressure. It takes ALL the brake dust off.

Now if you haven't cleaned your wheel in a while, then and only then will you have to physically agitate the dust/dirt with a sponge or brush. But if you use it weekly with every car wash, it's as simple as spray on and hose off. Didn't belive it myself till I bought and used it.

I has no acids and is safe on all wheel coatings! Most BMW dealers recommend and carry it.

Wosby
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top