BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lease of 2016 x6 has 5 payments left and I received an offer to start a new lease including both factory and dealer incentives.

Is this a pull ahead program? Or do I have to make 5 payments to finish the current lease and start a new one?

I am asking becase the offer states like I can just start a new lease without completing 5 payments. Thanks

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm not aware of any BMWFS pull ahead offer right now so if the offer is from the dealer, then it's probably just a gimmick to get you in the door. The lease has to be paid off one way or another so you better do some homework and ask the right questions.

I'm not saying you don't have a good offer... I'm saying the offer is contingent upon the existing lease being paid somehow. Is the dealer going to eat $4,000 of your lease liability to sell you a new one? And what price are they selling you the new one? There are many ways to structure the deal and they can tell you the 5 payments will go away but if they just increase the selling price by $4,000, where does that leave you?

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
My lease of 2016 x6 has 5 payments left and I received an offer to start a new lease including both factory and dealer incentives.

Is this a pull ahead program? Or do I have to make 5 payments to finish the current lease and start a new one?

I am asking becase the offer states like I can just start a new lease without completing 5 payments. Thanks
There is no pull ahead program offered by BMWFS.

The dealer and/or you are absorbing the remaining payments. Or the incentives are. No matter how, they are in there somewhere.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the answers. You guys are right. I just wanted to make sure because I never had this kind of offer before the lease end.

·
Registered
25 Posts

My lease ends is 5 months also, on a 2016 330e. I got the same letter in the mail and emailed to me from the dealer sales manager detailing current incentives. It looks really good because the left over 2018 330e has a $6000 lease incentive. But sadly, there is no pull ahead.

·
Registered
2018 X5M
1,714 Posts
All offers I have received over the past 14 years to start a new lease earlier fall on deaf ears. Nothing is never "free" as there is always a motive behind it. Remember, it's for-profit corporations that us 'Festers are dealing with, either Centers, NA or FS.

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
All offers I have received over the past 14 years to start a new lease earlier fall on deaf ears. Nothing is never "free" as there is always a motive behind it. Remember, it's for-profit corporations that us 'Festers are dealing with, either Centers, NA or FS.
Even when it was a true pull ahead (payment assumption by BMWFS), they were likely having you pay a higher MF on the next lease. So yes, it's never "free."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts