BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· OMGWTFBBQ
12,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I genuinely do welcome all of you to bimmerfest and hope that as you learn our customs that you find them as entertaining and rewarding as the rest of us do. At the same time, I invite you to work on helping reshape the community to include your customs, personalities and such as part of the overall patina of bimmerfest.

I have no interest in furthering any conflict past this point and invite all of you to do the same.

Even if you don't care for me, I don't think that you'll find any history of me being disingenuous, decietful or dishonest on bimmerfest. Take it for what you think it's worth, but I will say that this is genuine.

· Hog Town
1,150 Posts
·clyde· said:
I have no interest in furthering any conflict past this point and invite all of you to do the same.

Take it for what you think it's worth, but I will say that this is genuine.
Clyde, thanks man. We appreciate warm welcome from Jon, PropellerHead, Emission, and many of the BF regs when we got here back in September. Special thanks to Jon for extending us the privilege of having avatars w/o qualifying for them. That was a nice gesture.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73185&highlight=refugee

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73480&highlight=refugee

· Living on the redline
32,613 Posts
I can vouch for clyde; he is the most genuous, truthful, honest PITA you will ever meet :eeps:

just joking buddy :p except for the PITA part :rofl:

:D :angel:

· Registered
204 Posts
·clyde· said:
I genuinely do welcome all of you to bimmerfest and hope that as you learn our customs that you find them as entertaining and rewarding as the rest of us do. At the same time, I invite you to work on helping reshape the community to include your customs, personalities and such as part of the overall patina of bimmerfest.

Even if you don't care for me, I don't think that you'll find any history of me being disingenuous, decietful or dishonest on bimmerfest. Take it for what you think it's worth, but I will say that this is genuine.
You're an a**hole. I'm just agreeing with your self proclamation in this thread. I'm so very happy we agree on something, even if its going to be the only thing, ever. :thumbup:

I have no interest in being your friend, or any of your posse, now, or in the future. Of your 11,000 plus posts on Bimmerfest, not once did you have anything positive to say on the X5 board. You came here slinging sh*t and now you're bringing roses? Please, get lost! You have no interest in X5's, you don't own an X5, and you don't plan on owning an X5. Why bother?

I don't know what's more insulting, you constant flame laced posts on this board along with the piling on you did with you little friends, or this bu****** post of mea culpa. At least you were being honest when you flamed everyone here. Now with this post , you're just being a sellout to yourself.

· Bimmerfest Founder
18,743 Posts
TommyX said:
...you're just being a sellout to yourself.
Tommy,

Part of the impetus behind his post was my request that he make a heartfelt attempt at healing the damage that has already been done.

We are at a crossroads now. We can end it and try to move past it, or we can continue the feud and take the community down with it.

· Registered
204 Posts
Jon said:
Tommy,

Part of the impetus behind his post was my request that he make a heartfelt attempt at healing the damage that has already been done.

We are at a crossroads now. We can end it and try to move past it, or we can continue the feud and take the community down with it.
Thanks for straightening that part out Jon. I for one don't feel any remorse in this post and it really only adds salt to the wound. You confirming that this post was at YOUR request and not on his own further solidifies my thoughts on the matter.

Nevertheless, I will not post any more on this subject nor will I respond to posts in response to my original post here. Did that make any sense...oh well? :confused:

I will do my best to further the X5 community, of which I have a deep interest in, and continue to do my part to make a positive impact here.

· The Original Dr. Phil
11,419 Posts
I would think Jon meant heartfelt request for all to make peace not just Clyde. Your (Tommy) insistence on continuing to use a$$ in the non-smilie version speaks volumes to your ability to be mature and willing to work with others here. IMO you add little if any positive value to Bimmerfest if you insist on keeping that mentality. :thumbdwn:

· OMGWTFBBQ
12,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
TommyX said:
Nevertheless, I will not post any more on this subject nor will I respond to posts in response to my original post here. Did that make any sense...oh well? :confused:
I've heard what you've had to say. I don't really have much specific to say to you other than this:

I think life is too short to hold grudges, particularly intentionally planning to hold them. But it's your life, you do what you want. If you ever want to try to make a new start, I'm here.

· Living on the redline
32,613 Posts
TommyX said:
I will do my best to further the X5 community, of which I have a deep interest in, and continue to do my part to make a positive impact here.
Really? :confused: Then why have you chosen to behave in a manner that the X5 community claims to be above engaging in? :dunno:

There's no honor in being petty and intentionally mean spirited. :tsk:

· Registered
698 Posts
Although I am not familiar with the previous actions of Clyde, I do believe that if someone has hit heart set to it, they can do a complete turnaround from a**hole to being useful. I have, in a way, taken that route a year ago.

Naturally, there will continue to be a couple of people who just have nothing better in life to do than continue to mock you, but I think for the general population, a friendly outreach as Clyde's is a step in the right direction, and should one choose to pass, they may do this silently.

Enough said.

· The Original Dr. Phil
11,419 Posts
TeamM3 said:
Really? :confused: Then why have you chosen to behave in a manner that the X5 community claims to be above engaging in? :dunno:

There's no honor in being petty and intentionally mean spirited. :tsk:
How about we erase the board and go with a clean start :dunno: Clyde has reached out to mend things (and I sincerely hope this is sincere) and I would ask that everyone else lead by example as well in stopping this p!ssing match. I have had conversations with Tommy and he has assured my he is commited to doing his part in stopping the :bs: Tommy thanks for the upfront communication and understanding :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.