BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
I assume your talking about that thing with the huge wing . . .

Jeez, today on the 405 (I-405 for non- Californians) I saw one of the cars from Jimmy540i's Nightmare BMW site - the yellow e36 with r!cer taillights and the huge gray metal wing on the trunk lid. Didn't look any better in person :tsk:

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Re: I assume your talking about that thing with the huge wing . . .

scottn2retro said:
Jeez, today on the 405 (I-405 for non- Californians) I saw one of the cars from Jimmy540i's Nightmare BMW site - the yellow e36 with r!cer taillights and the huge gray metal wing on the trunk lid. Didn't look any better in person :tsk:
yea i just love those things...big enough to pick the car up like a plane..I always liked this pic..

:lmao: :lmao:

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
CCs328Ci said:

????????? you had to follow that thing??????? :lmao:
Briefly, until I came on a spot where I could safely pass it (the Bimmer gives me lots of options in that area). They're towing Suburbans behind their RV's now. Must be the Haliburton shareholders vacationing on the West Coast this summer.

·
Registered
678 Posts
CCs328Ci said:

doood, I used to crop, but quit...no one else did, so I said wtf..I won't either :flipoff:
Hey, there's a bridge out here that everyone is jumping off. Want me to give you directions. :D

·
Now with Nano
1,310 Posts
Re: Re: I assume your talking about that thing with the huge wing . . .

EugieBaange said:
Noooo... that would be for all the non-SOUTHERN Californians. The only SF Bay Area folks who put an article in front the freeway number are SoCal transplants. It's a cultural thang I s'pose.
hahaha.... I was just about to post a similar response.

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: I assume your talking about that thing with the huge wing . . .

EugieBaange said:
Ah! So *you* unnerstand?
I just don't the "the" thing at all...

Speaking as a nearly life-long resident (since 1960) of the Bay Area, I don't get it either. I hear people call BART "the BART" too. Whatever... :dunno:

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I assume your talking about that thing with the huge wing . . .

Cliff3 said:

Speaking as a nearly life-long resident (since 1960) of the Bay Area, I don't get it either. I hear people call BART "the BART" too. Whatever... :dunno:
what are you talking about..interstate numbers?!? :dunno:

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I assume your talking about that thing with the huge wing . . .

CCs328Ci said:

what are you talking about..interstate numbers?!? :dunno:
Yup, although I generally refer to BART as "the train" (Bay Area Rapid Transit, or how I get to work every day). The denizens of LA seem to like to use the definite article to refer to their freeway numbers. Us Northerners think it sounds goofy.

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I assume your talking about that thing with the huge wing . . .

Cliff3 said:

Yup, although I generally refer to BART as "the train" (Bay Area Rapid Transit, or how I get to work every day). The denizens of LA seem to like to use the definite article to refer to their freeway numbers. Us Northerners think it sounds goofy.
ahh, like the 115 or the 163, instead of I 115 or I 163

1 - 20 of 29 Posts