BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A small Z break.................

just finished clay barring and buffing the first coat of Z5.

All I can say is WOW. Very impressed thus far. A little better results than step 2 of Meguiars 3 step. Looking forward to the finished result.

Back to the Z6 and Z2 :thumb:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I love Z. I think I will Z my teeth =). It must be good tasting since it smells so good.

Actually, I just Z'd my car for the first time this past week. Really nice stuff to work with. I admit I didn't clay the car. Just didn't feel like spending the hour or more to do it in the hot texas heat. My vehicles new though and the paint felt smooth to begin with (although, yes I'm sure there are some contaminatns somewhere!). It looks real nice though having done the Z. Looks candy coated!

Eric

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My paint was pretty smooth. I think my paintshop polished my car before I got it back.

Have a coat of z5, z6, z2 on right now. Going to add another coat or 2 tonight :D

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Clem said:
My paint was pretty smooth. I think my paintshop polished my car before I got it back.

Have a coat of z5, z6, z2 on right now. Going to add another coat or 2 tonight :D
Are you using it with ZFX ? If not, you must allow 24 hours between two coats. (Not for Z6, of course. You can use it whenever you want)

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's official.

I'm thoroughly impressed with Zaino. Unfortunately my mom borrowed my digicam so no pics till tomorrow.

I have this great pic (if it turns out)showing the transtion of the reflection from the windshield to the roof to the sunroof. That alone had me convinced.

·
Where am I?
963 Posts
After Z-ing my car last, I could actually see through the polish to the clearcoat, such that a piece of dirt on the polish was reflecting off the clearcoat or something. I just was like "wow". I had never really been able to see the glass-like protection of it all.

Either that, or I breathed too much of it.

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
No, God no

not Clem to the dark side too :(

http://www.plauder-smilies.de/tales/lsvader.gif

As much as I hate to admit it, if I keep hearing good things about this Zaino stuff, I may be tempted to try it myself!

Hey, how do I get the smiley thing to show up as the image and not a link?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Intermezzo said:
VERY nice pics!!:thumb: :thumb:

Ya'll are making me want to switch my car back to Zaino! Only question then would be...what am I going to do with all my cans of carnauba?
Use it to wax the wife's car :D :D :D

That's what I'm doing :thumb:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.