BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Casual Fanatic
2,189 Posts
Just go to Tire Rack and plug in your numbers. Also depends on the brand you want to use.

·
30FF <3
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, i found my current tires i have now has the 255/40/18 size in stock

im just doing the rear, to have a little more stability when it snows and have it stick out just a tad more...

·
Registered
346 Posts
im just doing the rear, to have a little more stability when it snows
:thumbdwn: That's not the way it works. Everything else being equal, narrower tires are better in snow.

Other than catastrophic dumps when only Subaru's and Jeep's move, is there even a justification for thinking about driving in the snow in the DC area? IIRC, what little snow falls on DC melts pretty quick.

·
Registered
346 Posts
If you're not going to change the rim width, you should check with the tire manufacturer (or the specs on the Tire Rack's website) to see if a 255 is acceptable on your rim. If your signature is accurate, you have 18x8 rims, and I believe the widest tires for those are 245's.

TBH, you probably won't see or notice any difference between a 245 and 255. You'll probably need to go to the 275/35-18 size for that, and then you'll need wider rims too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts