Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank y***8217;all for all the info I have received, but I still have a dilemma...first for the fixes...that rattle in the exhaust I had caused my checked engine light to come on was just the vacuum sensor that needs changed...fixed...I still have the triad of lights on my dash AFTER replacing the transfer case actuator...TC oil is good and doesn***8217;t smell bad...please tell me what the next step would be to get the triad of lights off...and and all info is appreciated...thank you

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Nice work on fixing exhaust rattle!

What BMW specific code are you getting in conjunction with the triad?

Are you getting the fluid wear code?

Any noises or drivability issues in conjunction with triad?

What drove you to replace gear?

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I changed the Vacuum sensor that controls the flapper in the exhaust tip...Well I thought that was the problem that caused my service engine light but it wasn***8217;t, check engine light came back on and unfortunately the only code I***8217;ve ever gotten was the P2418, no code for the transfer case...only indication thee was a problem was the triad of lights, so first I changed the gear in the actuator, that didn***8217;t work, so I got an after market actuator, installed it and still have the triad of lights...my next option is to check my wheel speed sensor and reluctor ring...I changed the actuator first because when I searched triad of lights that was the first possible problem, then after doing more research and explain the studded problem at slow turns in the back passenger side tire I was told it could be the speed sensor and ring...

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Also have you tried turning steering wheel lock to lock? Sometimes fixes issue by letting the steering angle relearn stops. Usually needed after a battery disconnect...but not always.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haven’t disconnected the battery, and the problem isn’t up front, the passenger rear tire shudders and skips on right turns

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Turning the steering lock-to-lock a couple of times recalibrates the SAS. Easy to do, so why not? The wheels are controlled by a computer, so all input is relevant.

Buy the scanner mentioned above and let us know the codes.

Clean/check your reluctor rings and speed sensors this weekend, and let us know. And, yes, it is damaging to your car to drive it as is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts