BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know my car will be on FAUST departing Bremerhaven on 3/30/11 but don't know where to use VIN number to track the car. The WW link on wiki does not work. ?anyone knows:eek:

Any other fester(s) expecting car to board this vessel?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
this takes me to "ATT login" a blank webpage:cry:
That is on your end - the WW link provided is correct. Sounds like you are trying to access your wireless or 3G service.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Mine didn't show up on the trace and track until a day after it left port on the Fidelio.
Been tracking with
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/
Search by Vessel Name, Port, or Ocean Area.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I know my car will be on FAUST departing Bremerhaven on 3/30/11 but don't know where to use VIN number to track the car. The WW link on wiki does not work. ?anyone knows:eek:

Any other fester(s) expecting car to board this vessel?
How do you KNOW that you will be on the Faust on 03/30/11? I EXPECT to be on the Faust on that date, but do not know for certain. My car, born on 03/21/11, has been "at the port of exit waiting for a shipping vessel" since 03/23/11. Apparently just too late to make the Fidelio which left that day.

By the way, this is a DIRECT link to the track and trace page on the Wallenius Willhelmsen site:

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/ocean.do?method=getDefaultOceanQuickSearchPage

Also, as I type this, the Faust is just about to pass through the narrowest point of the English Channel (between Dover and Dunkirk) on its way to Bremerhaven, expected arrival on 03/29/11 -- why is it only doing 9.5 knots?. Here is where Faust is right now:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?zoom=10&mmsi=266260000&centerx=0.54021&centery=50.39511

To find the Faust at any time (when in range) just go here:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/datasheet.aspx?datasource=SHIPS_CURRENT&alpha=A&level0=200

Then type in Faust under vessel name, then choose "show on map".

Yes, I'm stalking my car and (likely) ship. I'm not a five series though, but maybe you'll let me hang here in the Faust expectant thread. I waiting on a 328xi sedan (space gray, saddle brown leather; premium package; convenience package; navigation; satellite radio; harmon kardon radio upgrade; split fold/rear seats).

This will be my 2nd bimmer. Currently driving a 2005 X3 -- trading it in for $13,000 towards the new 328xi. This is my first "custom" built bimmer. The X3 was off the lot.

The waiting is fun and horrible at the same time. Have called the 800 number a million times and bugged my CA a little too much I think.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I received info from loginout at Munich. since yours is not an european delivery (I think), that 800 number & CA are best contacts to help you. FAUST arrives on 3/29 & leaves on 3/30!! wow.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I received info from loginout at Munich. since yours is not an european delivery (I think), that 800 number & CA are best contacts to help you. FAUST arrives on 3/29 & leaves on 3/30!! wow.
Yes, I'm not ED. If its like the Fidelio, Faust won't leave until just before midnight on 03/30 (so almost March 31st really by the time it sets sail).

By the way, here's a documentary video on the Faust:

·
Registered
321 Posts
An empty ship doing 9.5 knots....What will be the speed with loaded one:mad:
Max speed is 15.5 (I believe).

FAUST
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vessel's Details
Ship Type: Cargo
Year Built: 2007
Length x Breadth: 228 m X 32 m
DeadWeight: 24600 t
Speed recorded (Max / Average): 15.5 / 9.3 knots
Flag: Sweden [SE]
Call Sign: SLKQ
IMO: 9332925, MMSI: 266260000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
321 Posts
Almost at Bremerhave (EARLY)!

Wow, looks like the Faust is getting there a day early. It will be there soon. It is just outside Bremerhaven port right now:

Flag: Sweden
Speed/Course: 6.7 kn / 146***730;
Draught: 8.1 m
Destination: BREMERHAVEN
ETA: 2011-03-28 15:00 (UTC)
Received (457): 0h 1min 4s ago

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow, looks like the Faust is getting there a day early. It will be there soon. It is just outside Bremerhaven port right now:

Flag: Sweden
Speed/Course: 6.7 kn / 146***730;
Draught: 8.1 m
Destination: BREMERHAVEN
ETA: 2011-03-28 15:00 (UTC)
Received (457): 0h 1min 4s ago
Yay! its entering port to go to the cars! Hopefully, its empty and they'll start loading right away.....but not wait to depart on designated 3/30! Tx.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
The other ship is the Undine which is West Coast bound. I hope my car makes it on board. It's been sitting at the port for about the last week and a half. No way to know for a few days though.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.