·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Moving on…….😁

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Thank you.

We prefer members that check their attitude at the door. I have read many of your other forum posts. Clearly not your style.

Herb and the other members are here to help many, and they do.

Herb rarely has disagreements but you seem to be quite disagreeable. You were here to show what you think you know. I will take Herb’s advice any day.

Have a nice day.

·
Super Moderator
2,074 Posts
Thank you.

We prefer members that check their attitude at the door. I have read many of your other forum posts. Clearly not your style.

Herb and the other members are her to help many, and they do.

Herb rarely has disagreements but you seem to be quite disagreeable. You were here to show what you think you know. I will take Herb’s advice any day.

Have a nice day.
+1
If there'd been a willingness to understand how, why and what was involved in order for Herb to come to the conclusions he has on the N62 Vanos and overall oil system then the whole thread could have been a learning experience for all instead of an argument.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thank you.

Herb and the other members are here to help many, and they do.

Have a nice day.
Proves my point about the forum being for bullies and bickering kids. As you also read my other forum posts you were just looking for backup to protect the the only one bouncer you had on the door. No one can provide any technical papers or credible links to backup their claims and when challenged decide to make a big scene about it. Any fool can see that the oil channels to the major engine components would not be compromised by the vanos solenoid(s) failing! Report or Ban me from the forum if my posts upset you or anyone else.

·
Registered
'07 650i convertible
65 Posts
Proves my point about the forum being for bullies and bickering kids.

The only bully that I've seen is bimmerrimmer. Herb may be wrong. So what? You may be wrong. So what? Your opinions are welcome here if you'd stop acting like an ass.

·
Super Moderator
2,074 Posts
You do realise you're basing your arguments from a lubrication pic that doesn't belong to our engines, it's merely the closest match we've found but not identical, count the cylinder returns for example.
Herb has torn this engine down more than once in order to see, clean and pressure test the lubrication lines to find what was happening and paid particular attention to the solenoids since no one seems to have found an accurate diagram and was chasing down his own oil pressure issues. The Vanos was redesigned for these engines from the older M engines despite it being there for similar reasons and I've no doubt it's changed completely again for the newer engines.
Try asking him how and why he's stating what he is instead of arguing the toss.

Edit: Never mind, just seen you've been banned anyway.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Proves my point about the forum being for bullies and bickering kids. As you also read my other forum posts you were just looking for backup to protect the the only one bouncer you had on the door. No one can provide any technical papers or credible links to backup their claims and when challenged decide to make a big scene about it. Any fool can see that the oil channels to the major engine components would not be compromised by the vanos solenoid(s) failing! Report or Ban me from the forum if my posts upset you or anyone else.
Amazing arguments from someone who does not even own an E6x series. Have you ever even been in one, let alone driven or actually worked on this engine? So much push back. So little experience.

·
Super Moderator
8,886 Posts
I don't think he will answer any questions for the next 10 days, as I gave him some time to cool off.

·
Super Moderator
8,886 Posts
We have a Coding forum here, that should be able to help you out. You need to get a few post before you can PM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have a Coding forum here, that should be able to help you out. You need to get a few post before you can PM.
Thanks Herb, I'll look on that side. I was replying to roseng, since he is local to me, and I figured I could pick his brain about CCC recoding.

·
Registered
2006 650i Convertible
10 Posts
You all are incredibly informative, no idea how all of this info has been gathered but so appreciate for it. Just reading the thread and have learned and noticed my car doing exactly what is described with regard to when it initially starts cold to warming up. Thank you everyone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have nothing meaningful to contribute, but OP, the title is hilarious and have shared this sentiment before haha.
This was an informative thread!

·
Registered
775 Posts
starting to think rilot (OP) actually did set it on fire. haven't heard back from him.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts