BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

? about the e-mail notification links

1398 12
How come after a while the e-mail notification links no longer go to the newest post? They seem to get stuck and from that point on they go to the same post everytime. It's gets to be kind of a pain, especially on a long, totally sweet thread like the 'April 12th production date' one :bigpimp:
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
I never noticed this, but this is due to the fact that I disabled e-mail notification. I noticed that I was getting 30-40+ e-mails a day. Since I was always checking this site anyway, I figured the e-mail notification was just clogging up my inbox.

Btw, that is a pretty sweet thread.
:bigpimp:
Man, I just wish I could subscribe to threads without the e-mail notification. I've seen as much as 150 e-mails come in one day. :yikes:
You can change you email notification under User Options, Edit Options, Messaging & Notification, check No under "Email Notification"
Mystikal said:
Man, I just wish I could subscribe to threads without the e-mail notification. I've seen as much as 150 e-mails come in one day. :yikes:
I always thought that was tied in with the subscribe option. Someone do this to me:
PM 325xiT said:

You can change you email notification under User Options, Edit Options, Messaging & Notification, check No under "Email Notification"
Hey wait, that doesn't work! It won't subscribe to it at all, I was correct before. :cry:
Just unsubscribe from all threads and change your e-mail notification settings. This won't affect anything for you.
This is my user-screen.

Attachments

:confused: What I want is for the threads that I reply to to appear under the "User Options" without receiving e-mails about it.
Ackster said:
Just unsubscribe from all threads and change your e-mail notification settings. This won't affect anything for you.
That would be nice, but I don't think its possible :banghead: The e-mail notifications are extremely annoying, this is why I unsubscribed from all of my threads and don't subscribe to any threads I currently post to. Maybe Ashe knows something that can help us out. :dunno:

Edit: I would like to do what you are talking about, that way I can remember all of the threads I have posted to.
ive had the same problems it drives me nuts, i wish we could choose which topics we would like in our own little "my topics" section to follow without e mail notification i think someone said that already
No buddies? :dunno: I guess I like to see who's on when I login... :D
Ackster said:
This is my user-screen.
I've never set it up. I usually goto the first bimmerfest screen which shows the current users who are logged on. . . That and the fact that I have no buddies :p
Chris330ci said:


No buddies? :dunno: I guess I like to see who's on when I login... :D
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top