BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest!
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was somewhat dismayed to find out that Wynne Smith is stepping down as executive director. For purely selfish reasons actually, because, now I'm not sure I'll have anyone to appeal to when they deny my ED purchase rebate. I'm not sure that the new person will have an understanding of the issues.
For those wondering what this is about; last May I found out about the reward for being a BMWCCA member. I joined immediately. At the time, the understanding about the one year requirement of membership to qualify for the rebate, was one year to redelivery in the US. I then planned my ED for April 07, calculating that by the time the car was redelivered it would surely be after May of 07, more than 1 year. I bought my plane ticket in June of last year.
Later in the year, the 1 year requirement was redefined to be 1 year from pickup in Munich, which made me a month too early. We brought this up with Ms Smith and she agreed that for those of us who acted on the prior information we could appeal to her and she would help out. There were at least a couple of us who were in this situation.
I'm hoping that there will be some continuity.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Me 2. I and everyone who crossed her path have nothing but high praises for her professionalism and genuine concern for members interest. My best regard for her future.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
I was somewhat dismayed to find out that Wynne Smith is stepping down as executive director. For purely selfish reasons actually, because, now I'm not sure I'll have anyone to appeal to when they deny my ED purchase rebate. I'm not sure that the new person will have an understanding of the issues.
For those wondering what this is about; last May I found out about the reward for being a BMWCCA member. I joined immediately. At the time, the understanding about the one year requirement of membership to qualify for the rebate, was one year to redelivery in the US. I then planned my ED for April 07, calculating that by the time the car was redelivered it would surely be after May of 07, more than 1 year. I bought my plane ticket in June of last year.
Later in the year, the 1 year requirement was redefined to be 1 year from pickup in Munich, which made me a month too early. We brought this up with Ms Smith and she agreed that for those of us who acted on the prior information we could appeal to her and she would help out. There were at least a couple of us who were in this situation.
Had the same problem when I did ED on the 530i. Rebate was flatly denied. Good luck
cheers
vern

·
Using SPF 45
3,672 Posts
That was a nice and reasonable accomodation. . But should we really be worried going forward given the rules have been clarified as unique situations (or not unique, but new) arise?

·
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest!
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd like to have the confidence you have. But a new person, who doesn't have to claim responsibility for the problem. We'll see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts