Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am close to buying a 2019 X3 30i. Deals seem good with dealers in DC area offering 10% off + $3000 BMW finance rebate.

I see that the Premium Package includes 1yr of Apple Carplay. What happens after 1 yr?

Also - I am probably going to get the M Package in either Carbon Black/Mocha or Phytonic Blue/Cognac. I first thought the cognac interior was awful but strangely it's growing on me.

Anyone have the cognac interior and have opinion after living with it for a while?

·
Registered
665 Posts
I am close to buying a 2019 X3 30i. Deals seem good with dealers in DC area offering 10% off + $3000 BMW finance rebate.

I see that the Premium Package includes 1yr of Apple Carplay. What happens after 1 yr?

Also - I am probably going to get the M Package in either Carbon Black/Mocha or Phytonic Blue/Cognac. I first thought the cognac interior was awful but strangely it's growing on me.

Anyone have the cognac interior and have opinion after living with it for a while?
10% off of the MSRP plus a $3,000 finance rebate on a loaded car with $16,000 of options is a good deal! ;) If you belong to the BMWCCA and have been a member for at least a year, don't forget to fill out their form and get your $500 check back from them.:thumbup: We have the M package on my wife's 19 X3 30i and it is a knockout! :p Get the car ceramic coated by an independent such as Opti-Coat. If you like shiny cars, :D it will shine like a mirror and has a 5 year guarantee. Don't go thru the car washes. Just use a hose and the dirt just rolls off! You won't regret it!:thumbup:

Joe:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
10% off of the MSRP plus a $3,000 finance rebate on a loaded car with $16,000 of options is a good deal! ;) If you belong to the BMWCCA and have been a member for at least a year, don't forget to fill out their form and get your $500 check back from them.:thumbup: We have the M package on my wife's 19 X3 30i and it is a knockout! :p Get the car ceramic coated by an independent such as Opti-Coat. If you like shiny cars, :D it will shine like a mirror and has a 5 year guarantee. Don't go thru the car washes. Just use a hose and the dirt just rolls off! You won't regret it!:thumbup:

Thanks for advice. What color combo did you buy?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Thanks for advice. What color combo did you buy?

We got the polar white with the Cognac interior. Very rich looking. Oh by the way, if you get the M Sport package, it does not come with the fatter M steering wheel. The steering wheel that comes is the standard width one which my wife prefers. It's a good looking one with all of the bells and whistles. You'll like it. Good luck and take your time and get exactly what you want.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Can't offer anything on the "carplay" thingy, as I'm not an apple kind of guy, but I understand you need to pay yearly to continue to use it. So you have to pay extra to pay extra each year:dunno: What's wrong with that?

I went with carbon black/cognac with mine and like the look. My X5 had the mocha interior which was nice but, after a while, started to look too dark and muddy for my tastes. I think you'd like Cognac with either color FWIW.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for input! There a several choices out there - I am just having a hard time picking one. I guess I shouldn't complain I can buy one if I want. Happy New Year!

·
Stuart in Houston
641 Posts
Phytonic Blue/Cognac. I first thought the cognac interior was awful but strangely it's growing on me.

I have the Blue/Cognac. About two months now. It's a nice interior color, light, easy on the eyes, looks great. No regrets at all.

I also ordered the flat wood interior (not sure of name), rather than glossy. Really like it, no glare, much different look than most cars have.

·
Registered
8,882 Posts
We got the polar white with the Cognac interior. Very rich looking. Oh by the way, if you get the M Sport package, it does not come with the fatter M steering wheel. The steering wheel that comes is the standard width one which my wife prefers. It's a good looking one with all of the bells and whistles. You'll like it. Good luck and take your time and get exactly what you want.

2019 M sport models do actually come with the fatter M steering wheel. That "missing" steering wheel in the M sport package was only on the 2018s.

Apple carplay now comes "standard" for 1 year and then is a yearly subscription. Previously, it was a $300 lifetime charge, now it is $80 a year. I would happily pay $300 for the "lifetime of the car', but no way in heck I am going to pay $80 a year forever for it. I am not a big believer in "software as a service" but it is one of the ways everyone is trying to make money now, on software.

·
Uber Olive Brain
169 Posts
2019 M sport models do actually come with the fatter M steering wheel. That "missing" steering wheel in the M sport package was only on the 2018s.
OP is talking about an x30i, not M40i, and, unless things have changed, option 710 is not available on the x30i.

·
Registered
116 Posts

9 months with my Phytonic Blue/Cognac interior combo and still love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
8,882 Posts
OP is talking about an x30i, not M40i, and, unless things have changed, option 710 is not available on the x30i.
So its not possible to get a 30i in M sport guise?

Wait.. which option is 710, the steering wheel or apple car play? I mentioned two different things in my post, one about the steering wheel and one about carplay. I dont have all the option codes for BMW memorized so im not sure which option you are speaking of.

·
Uber Olive Brain
169 Posts
So its not possible to get a 30i in M sport guise?

Wait.. which option is 710, the steering wheel or apple car play? I mentioned two different things in my post, one about the steering wheel and one about carplay. I dont have all the option codes for BMW memorized so im not sure which option you are speaking of.
See the quoted part of your post.

While you can get most of the BMW M sport cosmetics on the x30i (matte grille and some wheels are N/A), there is no M steering wheel available (which is option 710).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for everyone's input. I haven't been able to make up on my mind on color combo so I guess I will miss out on the BMW winter sales event. Hopefully there will be good deals again soon!

·
Registered
110 Posts
After a year, pay for one of those companies to code your car so you get CarPlay again.

Charging yearly for CarPlay is beyond absurd. I have no problems encouraging "aftermarket" solutions for a company charging annually for something that should be free. I see it VERY differently than pirating movies/games.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts