Bimmerfest BMW banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I ordered a dark graphite over cognac in late November and it arrived just before Christmas. In my opinion, the color combo is amazing and I really like the cognac interior. It***8217;s a little more orange than the saddle brown I had previously but it looks great. My second choice was the metallic black over cognac...I that would look great as well. I added a couple pics

Regarding Apple Car Play, I really wanted the feature and utilizing the touchscreen for Waze. I***8217;m not sure it***8217;s worth $80 a year but we***8217;ll see...

Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
After a year, pay for one of those companies to code your car so you get CarPlay again.

Charging yearly for CarPlay is beyond absurd. I have no problems encouraging "aftermarket" solutions for a company charging annually for something that should be free. I see it VERY differently than pirating movies/games.
Yeah I really hope this will be an option. I can buy a Hyundai and have no CarPlay fee, it's completely absurd that BMW wants to suck down a yearly premium for this feature. Are they going to start charging a fee for air conditioning service next?

I get charging a fee for traffic data that requires ongoing infrastructure support. I almost chose not to get another BMW over this issue it ticks me off so much.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have the Blue/Cognac. About two months now. It's a nice interior color, light, easy on the eyes, looks great. No regrets at all.

I also ordered the flat wood interior (not sure of name), rather than glossy. Really like it, no glare, much different look than most cars have.
The matte wood is called "Fineline Cove Matte." I have it in my M40i with the black leather/blue stitching upholstery. Exterior is Alpine White.

I think it's the most distinctive BMW interior I've seen. The only photos of the matte wood inserts I've seen from BMW always show it in light interiors, which makes me think the designers intended it for light colors.

I don't like light-colored interiors, especially in the G01 where you'd get an "Oreo" effect: black headliner, light trim in the middle, black carpets and lower dash.

In the all-black interiors I prefer, the other trim options are either odd ("Rhombicle? WTF is that?) or too shiny.

The matte wood is especially amazing at night when you can just barely see its texture with the ambient lighting (which I set to white accent over blue, to echo the blue stitching on the dash and seat).

It's so elegant! You're gonna love the matte wood choice.

·
Registered
8,882 Posts
The matte wood is called "Fineline Cove Matte." I have it in my M40i with the black leather/blue stitching upholstery. Exterior is Alpine White.

I think it's the most distinctive BMW interior I've seen. The only photos of the matte wood inserts I've seen from BMW always show it in light interiors, which makes me think the designers intended it for light colors.

I don't like light-colored interiors, especially in the G01 where you'd get an "Oreo" effect: black headliner, light trim in the middle, black carpets and lower dash.

In the all-black interiors I prefer, the other trim options are either odd ("Rhombicle? WTF is that?) or too shiny.

The matte wood is especially amazing at night when you can just barely see its texture with the ambient lighting (which I set to white accent over blue, to echo the blue stitching on the dash and seat).

It's so elegant! You're gonna love the matte wood choice.
I echo your thoughts on the matte wood.... but our photonic blue with black (blue stiching) X3 is my wifes car. She liked the rhombocile. I tried several (and I mean SEVERAL) times to change her mind to the matte wood look as I thought it was classy with that specific interior but she saidd "no" each tiime... and the last time said:

"I dont like the matte wood, and its going to be my primary car... right?. I think the rhombicile looks more sporty so thats what I want"

My queue to stop asking, lmao.

We pick it up soon, it looks like it just got to the dealer.

·
Registered
110 Posts
You'll get a survey from BMW after you get your car. Ding them when they ask if you would recommend BMW to a friend. Say you hesitate because they charge for Apple CarPlay when no one else does. If enough of us do it, that should catch their attention.

·
Registered
80 Posts
You'll get a survey from BMW after you get your car. Ding them when they ask if you would recommend BMW to a friend. Say you hesitate because they charge for Apple CarPlay when no one else does. If enough of us do it, that should catch their attention.
Great suggestion; yes I did this. :)

·
Extended Euro Delivery
3,373 Posts
$80/year forever, or you lose the feature.
Isn't there an aftermarket workaround for that? Thought I saw a USB Drive solution on the G01 Owners' FB page

·
Registered
7 Posts
About the interior color, my current X3 has saddle brown interior, and I thought the Cognac was a close match. But then I noticed it looks a little pale and pinkish in some light. So when I ordered a 2019 X3, I decided to go with Carbon Black and Mocha.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts