BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DSC, Parking Brake, ABS lights
My quick experience with the trifecta lights all coming on...

I was driving one day and the parking brake fault came on, as well as the dsc triangle and whatnot... Anyways..the lights would go away during initial cold start up and come back on afterwards..bummer.

1- I first jacked up the car and cleaned all sensors.. Didnt work
2- I verified with INPA that it was a wheel speed sensor and the code i believe i was getting was 5EAC and when I would clear the faults, another code related to that same side sensor would come up. The code either said right front wheel harness failure or front right wheel sensor wrong type..
3- I bought two new sensors, one from the UK which didnt work so i bought another one thinking it wasnt OEM since it was only $40... Then i bought another one from the dealer for about $118 approx. (it was 8 months ago)...installed that one too. Didnt work
4- I continued to drive without the traction control and car in its limp mode for quite some time and the limp mode has deadened my handling obviously as well made each pothole feel 10x worse and im from Staten Island NY so it sucks out here..
5- As a result of driving in limp mode i have bent one rim and also my control arms need replacement and im sure its because of me driving with basically no shock absorption..
6- Brought my car to a shop near me and they swore its the right front wheel hub so they replaced it for $580.... Didnt work
7- INPA kept giving me the same result..front right wheel speed sensor...after reading these forums forever im almost positive that its actually the abs module and the small connectors inside that have went bad due to heat exposure from the engine bay so I decided to skip the $120-$320 repair from a remanufacturing company that cant guarantee its work etc and buy a new module on ebay for $475 by EUROASIAPARTS..
8- Since its a new module i have to get it coded to the car so i called Life Quality BMW of NJ and they quoted me $175 -_-.... I also called CIRCLE BMW of Eatontown NJ and a rep by the name of Billy quoted me $232.50 -_-... Wtf.
9- I will find a shop to do it for $100 or less and change my control arms soon but im just hoping it works..
10- If it does finally work I will also be adding a heatsheild next to the module in hopes of prolonging its life (*sigh*)

GOODLUCK fellow BMW Owners.

Update: I replace the module... I disconnected the battery(negative terminal) and then all i did was was remove two screws and a sensor to remove the coolant tank out of the way. (Rested it on top of the engine) and then you take out the plug that goes into the module, use a screwdriver to pop the clip out...slide up and remove the 30pin/ connector...take out the 6 screws holding the module in place, swapped it with the new one, put everything back together, and reconnected the battery, started the car and all the lights went away..im not sure if i have to get it coded or not because everything was gone but ill double check...finally got my suspension and handling back :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That happened to my mothers 745Li and I sent hers to module masters, fixed the issue. Very easy DIY

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
The reason i didn't send my module out is because there are many good and bad reviews of people sending in their modules and getting them back not working, i'd rather spend the extra $200 bucks knowing the module is brand new and not have to worry about it in the long run, I had a bad module for almost a year now, prolonged riding in "limp" mode on my car has messed up my control arms as well, so I need new control arms too but i decided to just get it over with this ABS already...My car finally rides like it should

·
Registered
344 Posts
Can you post the part number of the module the dealership near me said they need to get the part number...

·
Registered
403 Posts
I sent my abs out to be fixed on my wifes 2004 745i to Ramen. They fixed it in the shop but immediately didn't work after install. Returned it and the same thing. All the lights and DSC functions work after resetting the codes but as soon as I drive out- bango Trifecta lights. I'm going to send this one back and try one more time. They said that the ABS needs to be coded but I'm told that the e65 7 series automatically codes to a new module when you disconnect the battery. Is that true? Update: I believe that this true. BBA sent me a rebuilt module off the shelf and when I checked the identification of the Dsc if was coded to my vin. I was also able to recalibrate my steering angle sensor in INPA. So the only error code is right rear wheel speed sensor. Will keep you updated.

Update: I tried coding the used dsc module that bba reman sent me with ncs expert but couldn't. A few people mentioned in the forum that this can't be done. So i booked an appointment with my local BMW and they tried coding the used module with ista/p but that program said dsc module not compatible. So I bought a new one today for $489.00 new Bosch. There are a few people that said that they didn't have to code the module just unhook the battery and install the module. Is this going to work?

Update 2: Installed new DSC module and the same issues. I clear codes and drive 30 feet and the ABS lights come on. I believe this error has to do with getting no movement from the rear wheel speed sensor. INPA doesn't get a reading from that sensor and it was replaced with a new one. Does anyone think it could be a bad wheel bearing? The wheel bearing isn't communicating with the sensor. Thoughts? I don't believe that the new DSC needs to be coded on these vehicles. Take a look at my identification page of my 745i and my 750 i. The 745i is having the DSC issue and the codes now are 51ad Wheel speed from DSC is missing, 6044 DSC INF EMF 32 , 2789 CDKSWE bad way detection and e5E91- Wheel Speed Sensor right plausible. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Can a dead battery from sitting for months on e70 cause these lights to come on after charging battery? Battery seems OK and starts car over several days of trying, but the trifecta lights stay on, no codes. Does battery have to be disconnected first on negative pole to reset? Thanks,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts