BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have an 08 e92 335i with a build date of 09/2007 (30k miles). I recently had a abs/dsc/start-off assist error and a bunch of stuff light up on the dashboard. It came up when I was exiting a parking garage and it was out of no where.

I had a CRP129 tool and the codes shown were 5DF0 (dsc hydraulic pump) and 5DF1 (dsc hydraulic connector error) and 5DF4 (low battery voltage).

I've searched the forums and google, but was just wondering if anyone recently has been having/or have had this issue. Could it really be the ABS module error?? That costs so much! I've searched online and the module is around $2600.

Any tips/hints guys? My battery has been charging meanwhile with a trickle charger and if it doesn't fix the errors I'll fully replace it at a dealership...

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 100K miles NOKIAN WR G3 20K miles
18,309 Posts
Low battery capacity will never be recovered with a "trickle" charger. A trickle charger is capable of only the battery's nominal self-discharge rate, about one ampere-hour per 24 hours in a nominal 100 AH battery.

If your battery is the original 2008 battery then it is at the end of its expected lifetime of eight years. Replace it. Charge the new battery frequently and regularly IAW the owner's manual. I charge weekly.

A BMW will NEVER EVER fully charge its battery to avoid damaging it.

·
Lost but making good time
'11 335xi; '03 330Ci
5,650 Posts
"in accordance with"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It would even fix the 5DF0/1 fault codes? I can't wait to swap out my battery now lol. I got this car a couple of months ago from an owner who barely drove it (hence only 30k miles for an 08 model). Battery was DIY replaced in december of 2012, but it was still barely driven per the owner. So it really may be just the battery huh? I hope it fixes it because the other alternative is so expensive :cry:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want to know about this as well. Having the same issues. Is it truly a battery issue? Same exact faults and codes; but I've read that for some people that they don't have their faults go out and couldn't figure out what was wrong.

Could you drive without an ABS system?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts