Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I could use some guidance. The other day I got an ABS error that my front pass sensor has an open circuit. I replaced the sensor and I'm still getting the lights and error. I'm assuming I need to have the ABS unit serviced (likely a broken little wire in there)....BUT...is there any interplay between ABS system and the trans throwing a Failsafe and P0720 error? There seems to be some inconsistency out there on this point. I'll send the unit out for a rebuild but I recently (about 8 months ago) had the tranny serviced with new gasket, filter, oil etc.

Do I need to get the trans output speed sensor as well and reopen the pan or is this happening due to the ABS issue?

Never ran into this before. I can get up to just about 70mph and then it consistently goes into failsafe but I can stop and restart and it will clear.

Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rebuilding the ABS unit took care of the problem without replacing the Transmission Output Speed Sensor. Something in the ABS unit was sending a bad signal that the DME didn't like and it told the gearbox to go into failsafe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts