BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 bmw 750li in the morning or even in the evening whenever I start my car for the first time for the day, the ac blows super cold even when I'm driving. But once I cut the car off and start it again, the drivers side blows kinda warm and the passenger side blows cold. What's going on?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a similar problem too. I have found out that if I increase the temperature to nearly 2 degrees from the outside temperature it flows cold again

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sorry I meant 2 degrees below the outside one.

Also make sure you manually turn the bottom and top vents (idrive) to the left.

Don't know why but it worked for me. You might find that you might need to lower by 4 or even 5 but play around with it.

In Europe I got it in Celciuos and it was 35 outside but it will only blow cold on 28. If I went to the min of 16 it will blow hot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Also check the battery and with DIS if you got any codes.

I have a problem with the wiper module that messes up the k can bus and I think is messing up the IKHA controller for the a / c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
There are two temperature sensors in the air conditioning unit. Inside the car. You may have one going bad. They're not very expensive about $16 apiece. If it continues I might suggest changing them out. I'm not sure if you could get a computer reading on them if you're capable of doing that. They're listed on the real OEM site.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Try checking the refrigerant charge these cars will blow warm to hot air on one side when low on refrigerant
If refrigerant checks out good
Look into heater control valve
They are also a notorious problem with the car hope it helps

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@rick are those the new style cause the ones that are in my car are straight. @heatman I will check for those things.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I'm only assuming this because I'm not an expert. But I believe they work like the thermostat in your house. They read the internal temperature and open and close valves and vents to get the temperature correct. And turn the air conditioning compressor on and off. They would work in conjunction with the cars air conditioning computer system. If they're not working correctly it will screw things up.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts