Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 X1 is leaking water into the passenger footwell. I can see water dripping down the side of the center console just in front of the shifter. I'm fairly certain my ac evap drain is clogged. But I can't seem to find the drain line. Anyone know where the drain line is? More specifically where the plug is?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I found it. Underneath the car I see a duck billed looking rubber hose on the passenger side of the transmission. It definitely seems clogged. There is no water dripping out of it. I'll have to see if I can run a tube up into it and shoot some compressed air up it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Were you able to unclog it? I think mine is leaking to.
No. I tried shooting compressed air up what I thought was the drain tube but no luck. I'm not completely convinced what I see is even the drain tube. But it's the only duck billed tube I can find.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Following back up. I was able to unclog my drain line. Well, I wasn't able to do it myself. I took my vehicle into an independent mechanic I know. He put the vehicle up on a lift. We determined we'd need to disconnect the drain tube from the underside of the car. To do this he had to drop the trany a little bit to give access to the location the drain tube connects to the car. Then he reached up and unplugged the drain tube. There was a label that was blocking the evap drain. The label said support tube in German. I'm not sure if it was from the tube or another component in or near the evaporator. The label was causing the condensation to flow back into the cabin. The mechanic used a grabber to extract the label. He put the car back together and now the ac drains normally. Sorry, I did not take any pics of the process but it was fairly easy. However to do this correctly, it's beneficial to put the car up on a lift because you need to remove the tranny support brace (looks like an arc held on with 2 bolts) and drop the tranny a few inches to give access to the drain tube connection. Then the drain tube just connects to the car above the back end of the trany.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts