BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I have just the mid vents turned on, my AC blows out both hot and cold air. But when I have the floor on as well as the mid vents, the floor blows out hot air, while the mid vents blow out cold air.
I recharged my AC and everything, with no change at all. I'm wondering if this could be some sort of flap letting in hot air, any ideas?

·
Registered
2014 535d xDrive
173 Posts
What is temperature in your dash reading? (ie outside ambient temperature?) Mine was really sporadic and my A/C went kaputz. Have no idea how or why they are related but I bought a replacement outside temperature sensor for $20 and my A/C is all happy again. Might not be your problem, but just take a quick look at what your car is registering as athe outside temp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's registering the outside temperature fine. If I set the inside at 59* and just have the mid vents blowing, you can feel the A/C compressor putting out cold air, but then you can also feel hot air blowing out. But as soon as I click on the floor vents, the mid vents blow cool air out.

·
Registered
383 Posts
low on 134a. go buy a can and a charging hose. Should be less than 20 bucks and charge to correct pressure.

·
Registered
943 Posts
When I have just the mid vents turned on, my AC blows out both hot and cold air. But when I have the floor on as well as the mid vents, the floor blows out hot air, while the mid vents blow out cold air.
I recharged my AC and everything, with no change at all. I'm wondering if this could be some sort of flap letting in hot air, any ideas?
The same thing happened to me. See my thread. It's most likely your Heater Control Valve. About a 75 dollar part and an easy DIY. I did mine about 2 months ago.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438435&highlight=hot+footwell

1 - 8 of 8 Posts