BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone have any other opinions, or any other options of an aero kit for an e64? Looking for something to "spice" up the Bimmer a little bit. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
jg59 said:
Does anyone have any other opinions, or any other options of an aero kit for an e64? Looking for something to "spice" up the Bimmer a little bit. Thanks!
I wudda thunk the wheels did that. The aero kits start to change the profile and make the 6er look squat. However, remember the source: the Viceroy of OEM.

I don't think any of the ground effects kits looks good. What you want is something subtle, but the kit manufacturers know that if it's subtle they won't be able to sell it. So they make :bling: to get the guy who's looking for attention. You might as well get orange strobes all around the car so you will call attention to yourself for sure.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah... that is the problem.. I don't want to look too :bigpimp: ... you know what I mean? I just want the thing to look mean! Mal, you still think the ACS kit is too :bling: ?

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
jg59 said:
Yeah... that is the problem.. I don't want to look too :bigpimp: ... you know what I mean? I just want the thing to look mean! Mal, you still think the ACS kit is too :bling: ?
I do. Some think I just have ultra conservative taste. I believe it is simply understated good taste. I think your wheels spice it up enough. As I wrote many moons ago, I think BMW got it right with the 6er's looks, engine, brakes and transmission. Don't get me started on the iDontDrive or Sir iDrivealot will tell you what a one-note-Johnny I am.

·
///M for Motor Sports!
2,946 Posts
6er Kits...

No kit is subtle these days. IMO I think the ACS is the best out of the bunch.

ACS = Good
Hamman = OK
Breyton = OK

I choose ACS.

·
weRe not in kansas anymoR
793 Posts
Malibubimmer said:
I wudda thunk the wheels did that. The aero kits start to change the profile and make the 6er look squat. However, remember the source: the Viceroy of OEM.
...i knew i had royal lineage, as you may recall, down the path by bloodlines, i too am Lord DontMod-Alot, of the OEMs :p

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I did it!

well... you guys (somewhat) talked me into it (not a tough sale!). Here are some work in progress pics of my 650i convertible getting the AC Schnitzer kit put on it! They still have to put on the rear deck wing (which is my favorite part of the aero kit). I know it's :bling: , but I LOVE IT! :thumbup: What do you think?

Attachments

·
///M for Motor Sports!
2,946 Posts
Good Choice

You got the right one there!:thumbup:

How long before it is completed and you can take it home?

I know you paid an Arm and a Leg, CEC is not cheap but it's all good.

I like your choice.:bigpimp:

·
Makin Lotsa Noise
573 Posts
Great choice, but then again I'm biased....mine's a black 650i vert SMG with the full ACS exterior works...and 21" type IV wheels. Love it from day 1...no regrets.

And oh yes....the rumble from the exhaust.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It will be ready Friday, but I am out of town for another week! I am so sad! That is why the guy is sending me pictures. CEC wasn't too bad at all actually. They took pretty good care of me! Plus they have such a great reputation and they are an authorized dealer of AC Schnitzer. Also, I think I pissed them off something fierce with those Maya wheels! Oh well... Just wanted something cool and different. I think the 22's look good with the sport suspension!:bigpimp:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Nice mod JG, love the Schnitzer kit except from the front bumper. How's the sound of the exhaust, I heard it makes a very deep rumble...could you post some soundclip of your exhaust please :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will do my best!! Not sure how to do it... but I'll figure it out!:dunno:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I believe that is exactly what they are.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts