BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Marine Fish Wrangler
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I had a look at a website of a guy who lives in Canada, and I really liked the look of his AC Schnitzer foglights.
Click here to see

I then checked HMS website, and the AC Schnitzer foglights they list under the same part number looks completely different.
Click here to see

Does anyone konw, or have, more info about them?

Does that part number refer to the former or the latter?

All help appreciated

Cheers
Marc

·
A Clean Windshield
2,245 Posts
AussieZ3 said:
Hi there,
I had a look at a website of a guy who lives in Canada, and I really liked the look of his AC Schnitzer foglights.
Click here to see

I then checked HMS website, and the AC Schnitzer foglights they list under the same part number looks completely different.
Click here to see

Does anyone konw, or have, more info about them?

Does that part number refer to the former or the latter?

All help appreciated

Cheers
Marc
I have the light that arrudas site shows. Mine are mounted in the grill since I have the whole asc bumper. the lights are no joke they are a very high quality lens and work well. his are provided with a plastic cup that is able to be glued to the inside of the stock bumper brake duct. then painted.

the hms setup looks (hard to see) to be the same lens/fixture used in a new type brake duct assembly.

don't know the costs of each but the heart (light assembly) appear the same.

oh the other thing is the asc unit arruda has are able ti fit m bumper well. dont think the hms will, the hms seems for use on non m z's.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey,

I am Jean Arruda AKA JohnnyA.

the part number that I used was 63-17-37-10.

FYI the installation was not easy at all. we end up doing a lot of mods that where not planned at the bodyshop. Look is just amazing and the quality of lenses are awsome.

Cheers

·
Marine Fish Wrangler
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Jean/JohnnyA,

I love you car!!Great work.

I too really like the look of the foglights, I understand that some mods were/are required but the actual bulb assemblies on the HMS website looks completely different.
HMS quote the same part number as you.
They seem to also be lacking the plastic enclosure that seperates the light from the cooling ducts.

I just want to be sure I get the same box of goodies as you did.When did you get yours?

Hi Bob,
I too thought that the pic HMS shows wont fit the MZ3, yet it says so on the title description?

I've tried looking at the ACSchnitzer website but the don't have it on there anymore :bawling:

·
Registered
87 Posts
This kit was complete. Attached is a picture of all items found in the kit

The kit was very complete. The only thing missing was the pictogram in the instrument cluster to show you have the Fogs on. I bought a Z3 cluster from a slavage place to take the pictogram from. What can I tell you I am a bit obsessive!

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey Johnny A, I have a couple of question also.. I'm getting ready to install the Hamann Kit, which uses the same fog lights but puts them on the inside of the brake duct.

Anways, I see that you got what looks like a new headlight/dimmer switch.. Why?

Also, do the Ms have wiring for foglights and if not, how did you get the instrument cluster to light up?

Last, where does the fog light switch go?

Thanks
Ken 99R6
99 //Mcoupe

·
Registered
87 Posts
The new light switch prove a connector that connect to the instrument cluster and turn on the fog light icon in the cluster.

you need to install a light bulb in the cluster and obviously change the pictogram bar since the M does not provide one.(it's blacked out)

there is also a fog light switch that come with the kit that also connect to the main light switch

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just completed the project a few months ago.

I bought the kit after finding it on a closeout special at Evosport in Huntington Beach (Brad). The retail price was approx. $950 and I picked it up for $390. Not bad!! But then the fun starts. First, get a great bodyshop. Then take out a second on your house. I'm kidding, but I did end up spending about $1600 at the bodyshop (Fabricante, Lake Forest, CA) and Norm would probably charge more the next time. I did get more than the fog install. I got the hood repainted, the center brake light bainted body color, I deleted the front bumper side marker lights (awesome improvement!), and he painted a few Cosmos plugs (1") for my wiper removal project). It turned out awesome, and the lights look and work great. I needed the extra light at night to see better and this is step one, as I have a huge custom headlight project in the works and the machine shop is starting as I write this note. I'll attach a bunch of pics below. Let me know if you have any questions. I believe Evosport can get this kit, but the price may be a little higher because the special was due to their moving to a new location.

OCDave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts