BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
LOVE MY BMW
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I did some coding on my 14 f11 like blinking brake lights and auto high beam after that the ACC display is not showing any more in the HUD
I looked around and on the f30 cheat sheats I found some codes for such activation and checked it out and they were aktiv on the car but still nothing
Appreciate your help

·
LOVE MY BMW
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have to say that initialy I removed 8S4 file per instructions to activate variable light distribution and vo code JBBF by mistake and not the FRM for the f10
I realized that acc is not on hud any more so I went back and installed 8S4 and vo coded frm jbbf and kafas and did code the parameters that I wanted
May be that file for acc hud is missing

·
Super Moderator
7,068 Posts
Thank you Al
Not realy , will be very kind of you to walk me through
TeamViewer would be the easiest way to explain. Let me know if you do not follow.

With the NCD / CAFD Tool, you would be using two different resource sections, "NCD Compare" and SVT-CAFD."

For "NCD Compare," you would be loading before and after NCD's. This could either be from saved NCD's or ones created using "Coding-Verification" in E-sys. This resource will spit out a pop-up with text showing as well as highlight differences.

For "SVT-CAFD," you would be loading your saved SVT, choosing chassis and build level. You can find build level by doing VIN check or with FA-Editor with E-sys under "FZAuftrag" ==> "Type" ==> "Zeitkriterium."
Under "Options (SALAPA)," you would be selecting ACC option ("5AT Driving Assistant Plus") or "8S4 Decoding Variable Light Distribution." This give you an idea of what changes would be made by VO coding various factory options.

If you correctly VO coded, then it should set your vehicle back to factory values. I am not sure what you mean by "May be that file for acc hud is missing."

·
LOVE MY BMW
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you
that is a nice explanation but myself barely understand the computer terms
If you give more details like were to start and so on ,,will appreciate that

·
Super Moderator
7,068 Posts
Thank you
that is a nice explanation but myself barely understand the computer terms
If you give more details like were to start and so on ,,will appreciate that
I am not sure what you mean by computer terms. Everything in parentheses are actual words seen or clicked in the graphical interface of E-sys and TokenMaster's Tool. Each time I used the word "loading," it is in reference to clicking a folder icon to open a saved file (*.ncd or *.xml).

You can PM me your FA and SVT plus any saved NCD's you may have and I can further explain.

·
LOVE MY BMW
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you take it easy on me please I am not like you
Two questions please
What is the proper way to vo code an ecu?
Can I do my codings on esys off line to the car and upload after that and how please?

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
7,068 Posts
You can manipulate NCD's with FDL-Editor and FA's with FA-Editor offline. Then, you must connect to vehicle to either "Code" for VO Coding or "Code FDL" for FDL-Coding.

VO Coding is outlined in the "How to Change FA in F-series car" PDF. You must do steps 1-7 if you are making changes. Steps 8-10 are optional if you want to write new FA to vehicle. For the "What Next?" on Page 10, this describes process if you wrote new FA to vehicle. Alternatively, you can load manipulated FA ==> activate FA (VO) ==> Read SVT ==> Right-Click on ECU (itself, not the underlying CAFD) and Select "Code."

·
LOVE MY BMW
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am sorry to hassle you
I want to code my ecus to original factory settings and that vo coding is confusing me can you just tell me in simple steps what to do as I do not want to make more mess

And for offline coding the steps as I understand are
connect>read SVT>activate FA>disconnect from car>do the changes and save it as usuall>connect again read and activate FA>go to each ecu and code FDL

thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,068 Posts
I am sorry to hassle you
I want to code my ecus to original factory settings and that vo coding is confusing me can you just tell me in simple steps what to do as I do not want to make more mess

And for offline coding the steps as I understand are
connect>read SVT>activate FA>disconnect from car>do the changes and save it as usuall>connect again read and activate FA>go to each ecu and code FDL

thanks
PM'd Guides

·
LOVE MY BMW
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Al for your help
I deleted all esys and its files,installed a new one,vo coded all my modules and the acc showed up finally in the hud
have to recode ,problem solved

1 - 15 of 15 Posts