BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of problems that bug me ...

1. if I floor it - the acceleration is not very strong, if I let go may be a third and start pushing again it accelerates much stronger (or ot least it feels like it)

2. Usualy if I press accelerator about 3/4 of the way and the car starts accelerating, sluggish up to 2000, not too bad up to 3500 but then it reaches about 4000-4500 RPM and it kind of hesutates for a split second and then it accelerates quite strong again.

the other day I lost a drag race with an 3.4L Impala :)
well, it was wet, I had my crappy winter tires on and stuff, my DSC was going off all the time .... but holy crap - it was 3.4 Impala ...

I feel that my car gets weaker and weaker over the last 6 month. it has 80K kilometers on it.

any suggestions ideas?

· Registered
317 Posts
Have you bmw dealer do a back pressure test to find out if the cats are clogged. If not you may have a dirty maf. It won't show a code but could be dirty.

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the heads up - I have a new MAF shipped to me and I will definitely check the cats.

I just don't want that to be my clutch going south

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.