BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my fuel door has stopped locking. I looked at where the pin locking the flap is meant to be, and it's missing. Dun dun dun!

When I lock the doors however, I can hear a loud thunk in that area of the car, so I think the actuator and pin have fallen into the cavity (or something?).

I thought, oh that should be an easy fix, let's do it. I've been taking parts off my car now for over an hour and I still can't access where the actuator should be! Aaaarghh! :mad:

Anybody know how to get to it on the X3?

(I'll post a pic of my progress so far)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's the pic:
2014-02-12_14-44-12_666.jpg

I think I need to get the big panel off for access (the panel covering the wheel arch). I struggled to get the small top plastic panel off. Looked like I may have to unbolt the seatbeat mechanism, which I wasn't too happy about, so I stopped and thought I'd ask here.

I looked at the bottom edge of the big panel too, and I think the rail is holding it in place. Again, wasn't comfortable removing this, so here I am.

Also, the thin panel running up the pillar of the car frame was a nightmare to reinstall, so if there's a way to avoiding taking that off again, I'd be grateful!

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts