BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· resident dj
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just traded my '08 E92 for '08 E83 M-Sport couple of days ago and have some questions about accessories.

Coming from E9x world where accessories are in abundance, I am having hard time finding anything my my X3

I would like to change the bulbs in angel eyes and maybe install black lines, but every site that has them for sale says that its all "up to 09/06" manufacturing date, or '07 Model Year?

Also, looking for black lettering to replace "X3" and preferably "3.0si" on the side

The only thing that I was able to find right away, was black kidney grilles...

Would anyone point me in the right direction please?

· resident dj
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for replies, everyone.

So far I am doing these:
Thule Snowcat Ski/Snowboard Rack
Getting tinted tomorrow.

Black Grilles
Mtech v2.1 Angel Eyes
I will black out roundels and all badges. Not sure if I should paint them in place like this guy, or buy a new set, paint and then put it on. Amount of labor would be pretty much the same.

Just looked up the price of Pirelli PZero Rosso's that I currently have, and I may end up getting a whole new set of wheels when I go through the current tires. The price of new rims AND tires would be just a bit over what Pirelli's cost. Had Gunmetal VMR V710's on my E92. They were very nice. Would probably look good on an X3 too.

I may add First aid kit just for kicks, but am more interested in extra storage space. Replaced the ashtray with Oddments Tray like this one and going to run the iPod cable out though this oddments tray. My iPhone4 fits nicely in ashtray opening if you put it sideways.

I want to get exhaust tip covers and powder coat them ceramic black, but as I understand, they wont work with M-Sport bumper.

Other than that, this thing has everything. M-Sport + Premium + Nav.

What about performance mods? I understand that the choices are rather limited, but what about air filters? Software flush?

· resident dj
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
At the risk of repeating myself repeating myself, I would point out that if you are in the USA, you do not have an X3 M-sport.

The X3s with sport package have quite a bit of the M sport package, but not quite the whole thing. The M sport package (not sold in the USA) includes staggered wheels and tires (front the same as the US sizes of 18s or 19s, but rear wider) and the anthracite headliner.
Thanks for the correction. In E9x world, Sport Package only included sport seats, sport steering wheel and 18" staggered wheels. M-Sport package added M steering whee, M body kit, M shift knobs and e-break lever. Antracite headliner was only available on actual M cars.

I assumed my X3 was M-Sport. It does not have antracite headliner, but it does have staggered 19" Y-spoke wheels.

235/45R19 Front
255/40R19 Rear

Attachments

· resident dj
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Angel Eyes came in this afternoon, so I put them in and took some photos. They look pretty sweet. Black grilles should arrive tomorrow ;)

These are MTEC v2.1 from eBay, if anyone is interested. Installation took about 5 minutes, and *almost* complete plug and play. You will not need to remove window washer fluid reservoir to put these in. It comes with 2 little wires that have connectors only on one side, so you have to attach one more connector (included) to the other end of wires.

If you do, make sure that black wire goes into pin 1 on OEM connector, and red wire into pin 2 on OEM connector, or they wont work.

After installation I drove around running errands for about an hour. No computer warnings, no radio interference.

Pretty satisfied so far. Shipping was lightning fast too. Ordered at 9pm on Monday. Arrived at 11am Wednesday. :thumbup:

Attachments

· resident dj
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Grilles are in!

Unfortunately that big ugly license plate looks really out of place there.
Wanted to remove it and put in bumper plugs in the screw holes, but there are 7(!!!!) damn holes under the mount.

4 for the mount itself, 2 more from the 2" screws that fasten the license plate to the mount AND the bumper, and some another mysterious hole right in the dead center under the mount. it looks HORRIBLE.

I am almost tempted to get a euro plate and a mount. At least it will look somewhat less ridiculous. Any other suggestions on how to cover those holes, beside having a body shop patch them and repaint the whole front bumper?

Attachments

· resident dj
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
solefald: that looks really good especially on white. I don't think my montego would look right with that, but again--looks great on white.
I dunno. Bunch of E9x guys install black grilles on their montego cars. Make it look pretty aggressive.

Not an X3, but Montego Blue :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.