BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Ukemi - that's how I roll
4,286 Posts
Sole, unfortunately there is next to nothing for "tuning" your X3. I presumed since this vehicle was based on the 3'ers that making changes would be a regular event. Nope! Essentially the only thing you can change on the 07 and up models is simple bolt ons.

No short throw, no chip sets, nada......

4,286 Posts
Like I said, really nothing but bolt ons.

Oh well, I understand the N55 we can chip almost to a real M class level of power.

4,286 Posts
What about performance mods? I understand that the choices are rather limited, but what about air filters? Software flush?
Don't mean to be rude but I have said this twice in this thread post alone. No software for 2007 on up, cold air intakes screw up MAF and other things, no short throw, etc.....just cute bolt ons. Thats it. Only thing is maybe a supercharger for $5k and not worth it imo. Or a custom exhaust and catback around $2.5 k . Probably the only power upgrade choice. Believe me I have tried. Speed shop I frequent is friends with Steve Dinan and he even said nope :-(

4,286 Posts
Is there a positive difference in how they feel with foot contact. More than just a pretty face in other words?

Sent from my DROIDX

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.