BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was looking for the following items for my 2002 TiSilver 330xi and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions:

1. Cargo net for trunk. I wanted something that would comparmentalize the trunk so I could drop grocery bags into a "section" without having them roll all over the trunk. All I've found so far was one at Pacific BMW that fastens things to the floor. Are there nets (or a net) that will divide the trunk up or is the floor net the only option?

2. Bra. I don't want a full bra. But I do a lot of roadtripping on I80 between Omaha and Denver. Is there something you recommend? For example that invisible film that 3M makes (don't know the name)? A Colgan (?) bra? Etc?

3. License plate holder. Will any license plate holder fit on my 3 Series? I have the dealer installed one that reads Passport BMW. I want to replace it with something simple and black.

4. Universal tranceiver. I was thinking of goign to a dealership to add this. What do you think a good price is for this?

Thanks.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
1) The only BMW net is the one you describe. One I've seen that goes across that looks pretty well made is a Toyota one. A friend with a Camry actually has 2 in his trunk. Just need a spare fastener hole of some sort in the trunk to attach to.

2) I believe Colgan has a half-bra of some kind.

3) I bought a black metal one at WalMart for $4.

4) the UGDO is about $130 from the discount dealers (Pacific, Circle) and takes about 5 mins with an x-acto to install. There are instructions all over the place. I would imagine a regular dealer will charge closer to list for the unit, charge for the different panel instead of cutting the stocker, and an hour of labor, so maybe $300.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I bought a cargo net like the toyota one at my Mercedes dealer. We installed it in a 323i e46 with no problem.

And get this...the MB net was cheaper than the Toyota net.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I have the oem cargo net, and while it does its job well, it's a bit smaller than I would like it to be. I haven't looked around for others, but so far it has been really useful for me, especiall on grocery trips. Ditto on the bra, Colgan makes the best. You can find cheaper license plates that are of the same quality just about anywhere.

·
Confused.
4,941 Posts
Just bought the stinking unbrella and now I have no idea where it is supposed to attach at. Any Suggestions.

·
Confused.
4,941 Posts
Thanks. For the life of me I thought it went in the drivers footwell. It would of been a tough fit there. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the ideas

Thanks for the ideas. I'm gonna go down to my local dealer (BMW, MB) and see if they have that Mercedes net. Is there a specific SKU I need to ask for?

As for the remote transmitter thingie, I'll see about ordering it myself. Hopefully it's easy. I'm not AT ALL handy. :) Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts