BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 750Li, 2020 440i grand coupe
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some guy hits me on Rt 8, doing around 65mph and im on the off ramp doing 40-50mph. He gets cited obviously, but now my 7's going haywire. When i parked the car on the highway the dash started reading PDC malfunction, transmission failure , transmission failsafe, the speakers startedpopping and the i turned it off. I had to get a jump start to get the car on again. As i drove it home it wouldnt shift right and had a weird vibration goin on. Now it wont even start and nothing turns on. Extremely pissed, thank god for insurance!

Attachments

·
David
3,549 Posts
Sounds like it messed up your L7 amp as it is in the trunk behind the passenger tail light. PDC error of course because your rear piece is messed up.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
The PDC malfunction is because the sensor is damaged. The L7 popping is probably due to a loose connection from the impact as the amplifier is in the back. As well you have a lot of modules back there and as well wires! If one wire has a cut in it, it could be shorting and draining the battery causing the transmission errors and the trouble starting.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The guy had liability but his insurance company is covering the damages. It finally got towed Wednesday, it still wouldnt start even after they tried to jump it for 15 minutes. I figured the L7 was somehow messed up. The bumper is obvious, but the transmission not shifting gears is what really concerns me. I here most people say there car never runs right again after an accident.

·
Registered
395 Posts
What year is it? It's sad that our 7s are getting to the point that they will be totaled out rather than fixed pretty soon. My damage to the rear quarter panel, rear passenger door and back tail lamp was $10K. Hopefully they will take care of you!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What year is it? It's sad that our 7s are getting to the point that they will be totaled out rather than fixed pretty soon. My damage to the rear quarter panel, rear passenger door and back tail lamp was $10K. Hopefully they will take care of you!
Its a 2003 and im so worried about them trying to total it, ive only had it for 4 months and it took 2 months to finda white 7. I can see it possibly being totaled if mine cost 10k for the body work and if there is a tranny problem.. Im confident they will do the becessary repairs

·
Registered
298 Posts
Take your lap top raise it up off the table 3-4" then drop it. That's kind of like what happens to a car when in a accident sometimes it survives sometimes it doesn't.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok so far the total cost is 4K for just the bumper replacement. Im not to worried about the body work, its a very reliable BMW repair shop. There were three beamers parked in front when i got there. The only thing im concerned about now is the tranny shifting weird and the L7. Tomorrow i shall see!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its been almost 3 weeks and i have yet to get my car back. There having electronic problems. But the body work is done and it looks good to. It could take another 3-5 days for the parts to get here. Supposedly its the L7 amp and the M-ASK. Cain BMW is whose doing the work but its taking along time. Im getting kind of concerned.

Attachments

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ITs back

Finally got my 7 back and its great. But.... I here this rubbing noise when i accelerate right before it shifts gears. It sounds like its coming from underneath the gas and brake peddle. It reminds me of when my wheel hub bearing was going bad on my expedition. The L7 system sounds great now. The entire car is great, its back to normal now!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.