I removed ACEFX from the membership tonight he will be on an extended ban from the site untill he understands that he can not continue to edit his post anyway he feels. I wanted to share my feelings towards this ban as I know ACE has a good heart about helping people out.
1. AUX INPUT THREAD - I had asked Ace to stop editing this thread, last Thursday I had to issue him an infraction because he kept insulting a member publiclly by posting his name in his threads after a week of being nice and asking him in Personal Messages to stop, I warned him 3 different times. It got to the point where I had to close the other thread and ACE moved over to his topic and edited his thread to include another members information. Today I got online and the thread had been edited again, not only removing his incorrect information but also removing my tag that I had to edit the thread.
2. ACEFX DIY GUIDES - I also have closed the DIY GUIDES, I can not say that these threads or guides are complete or not. I have been told by several mombers that some of his guides are not fully correct so I would use them at your own risk. I dont know if ACEFX will keep his videos working with the site, I know in the past he locked all of his video's down on YouTube.
3. My first duity when I became the moderator was to lift the ban on ACE, I know all of you as members enjoy his DIY stuff and I really took this as my goal to get the ban lifted. He just did not follow the rules of Bimmerfest.
4. I asked ACEFX in an email if he wanted us to I would post his email address if you needed to contact him.
5. This has nothing to due with his ban but I want to include it. Several members have worked hard to come up with DIY guides and share their information thru out the internet. I am glad that ACE shared his information with all of us. There were several DIY Guides that really needed to give back credit to the author. Most people coding the cars know what threads I am talking about, credit should shared and posted.
This has been one of the hardest topics that I have had to moderate. I have been trying to work with ACE he just was not willing to work with me. Most members that I have delt with so far on this board know how hard I do try and work issues out.