Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
•••••••
16,118 Posts
I am genuinely flabbergasted that anyone could think those taillights look anything less than thoroughly horrendous. WTF?

And why the giant supplemental tach on the A-pillar? The one next to the speedometer isn't big enough?

I dunno... I just don't get it at all.

:dunno:

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
There must not be very many of these kinds of things in DC. That's extremely mild for LA.

·
Where am I?
963 Posts
Even I think that looks bad. Altezzas do not work on BMWs. And the interior and the pink CAI balances its badness nicely.

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
Yeeesh!!!!!

As for the extra tach, I guess the driver needs something to watch while all the passengers are enjoying their TV programs. And it counter balances the fire extinguisher.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kaz said:
There must not be very many of these kinds of things in DC. That's extremely mild for LA.
I... I... I don't know what to say. If this is true, it can definitely be added to the lenghty "Why I wouldn't want to move to LA" list (although there are a growing number of items on the "Reasons to move to LA" list including "Can listen to KCRW without a broadband internet connection").

And, no, this would be radically bad by DC standards.

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
TD said:

I... I... I don't know what to say. If this is true, it can definitely be added to the lenghty "Why I wouldn't want to move to LA" list (although there are a growing number of items on the "Reasons to move to LA" list including "Can listen to KCRW without a broadband internet connection").

And, no, this would be radically bad by DC standards.
Well, to be fair, it would be pretty mild at a dtmpower meet.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts

Way to far over the top. LA or DC

·
5,820 Posts
Plaz said:
I am genuinely flabbergasted that anyone could think those taillights look anything less than thoroughly horrendous. WTF?

Any better on the new Altima?

·
•••••••
16,118 Posts
johnlew said:

Any better on the new Altima?
Maybe a little...

Still fugly, but not as hideously much like a fly's eye as those bimmer lenses above.

·
Banned
214 Posts
:mad:

So quick to judge! And how did all of you try to fit in during high school???

The auxiliary tach has a function that BMW tachs are without. Telltales to show max rpm. So much for your disparaging remarks about tachometers. Besides Auto Meter tachs are more accurate than VDO anyway.

As for the fire extinguisher. Very handy place if a campfire breaks out. Better than trying to go under the passenger seat for the "official" BMW extinguisher in it's Euro hovel when it's weenie roasting time.

Remember function is beauty in form.

As for the tail lights. Just a personl touch. Some like debadged cars. So what. Some like DTM exhaust tips. Some like rear tail lamp treatments which turn their cars into arachnids. So what.

Better evaluate your own ride before you start knocking someone elses.

Just another snob thread.

:mad: razzmatazz

·
Banned
214 Posts
TD,

Last time I checked, 2 pininfarinas and 1 ferry, were regarded as taste.

And the best you can do is Reitzle? :tsk:

·
10,856 Posts
Razzmatazz said:
TD,

Two of these Pininfarinas?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I know I've seen, and passed this car on route 287 in central NJ. I don't remember seeing the nascar tachometer, though...

I have to agree with Razz of the fire extinguisher...every vechile should carry one.

·
Spelling Impaired
5,656 Posts
DougDogs said:
II have to agree with Razz of the fire extinguisher...every vechile should carry one.
Looking at the positioning of that fire bottle makes me wonder if it would block the full deployment of the passenger air bag. Could you imagine where that extinguisher is going to fly after it gets smacked by the air bag? Hopefully the bag would deform around the bottle, but the physics of high velocity objects like air bags can do funny things...

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Razzmatazz said:
TD,

Obviously there is danger in assuming. But my assumption is that the parents own the Ferraris and Porsche and they bought the kid the M3 that he then "personalized".

And if we can't laugh at bad taste, what's left in our society that we can laugh at?

And explain the "Reitzle" reference.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts