Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have a 2013 335i with X Drive, M Sport. It has under 15K miles on it.

The triangles on the driver's side mirror flash every five seconds, regardless of any other cars being on the road. I work nights, so I drive to / from work while it is dark out (this time of year). I have tried turning off the the feature - and the LED light is out indicating it is off. I have tried updating the software (it says it is current). I've run the system diagnostics and it says that everything is good wit the vehicle. But it even happens while it is in park.

I don't think it is working at all. I have never seen the light activate on either side while I'm driving anywhere - with the exception of the every-five-second-flash.

I've spoken to the dealership, and they're baffled. I've called the BMW Genius line, and they have no answers.

Has anyone had a similar problem and, if so, how did you solve it. I would really prefer to not go to my dealership since I've had such bad experiences with them and my last two cars.

Thanks!
J

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
You must be on the wrong board .
There was not active safety electronics on the e9x series.
Maybe you have an F series.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did some more digging. I guess because it is a M-Sport, it is actually a F series. I don't really understand, but it's cool. I posted in the F board as well. E or F, either way, I still just want to know why the damn light won't stop flashing at me...lol

·
Registered
168 Posts
Kinda off topic and no use to the OP but can those mirrors be retrofitted to a 2012 e93?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts