BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 535xi, recently the drivers seat massager stopped working and I'd love some feedback from you guys.

When I press the button, I can feel the lumbar section slowly going out and back in. The fluid bags under the seat do not fill up, and after a few minutes the system turns itself off. Does this sound like one of the control modules or valve modules has gone bad? Guess I should have paid extra for the electronics warranty.

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
I have a 2013 535xi, recently the drivers seat massager stopped working and I'd love some feedback from you guys.

When I press the button, I can feel the lumbar section slowly going out and back in. The fluid bags under the seat do not fill up, and after a few minutes the system turns itself off. Does this sound like one of the control modules or valve modules has gone bad? Guess I should have paid extra for the electronics warranty.
I'm slightly confused by the combining of the 4-way lumbar feature and the massaging feature. They are two different functions...just because one works (the lumbar feature)...it is totally different from the active seat function...which uses a totally different button and "bags".

The lumbar (lordis pads) are in the seat back. The active seat pads are in the lower seat section and push upward on your butt cheeks. This feature is activated by pressing the button that illuminates with a green light when initiated (see attached pic below). The 4-way lumbar feature is activated by pressing the round button on the seat switch:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
It's been five years, and I've yet to have a hottie riding in the car without Frau Putzer being there. If it ever happens, I will casually ask said hottie if she'd like her butt massaged. If she gets angry, I'll tell her about the seat's massage function. If she doesn't get angry... I will not tell her about the seat's massage function. :thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts