BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
30FF <3
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I decided to setup ISTA/D -Rheingold to go back and tackle this fault, since I was told and done research that this couldn't be fixed with INPA.

Ive had this error on the dash ever since I got the car, and ignored it, steering alignment is slightly off by 2 hairs as far as I can tell.

Things I've done in the past before I gave up:

-Cleaning the angle sensor - actually mine wasn't dirty at all, but I cleaned and wiped it anyway, with no dice.

-Wheel lock to L/R

-Steering fluid, level has been the same since I got the car as well, and I never needed to top it off

-Tried clearing the codes via INPA

-disconnected battery for 24 hours

-Tools32, tried loading D_DSC.grp (this is via bimmergeeks.net - good reviews on this for the latest setup for coding) file, but I dont see the job to initialize the angle sensor
---------------------------------------

After stetting up ISTA/D

I've tried to re-calibrate the steering sensor, and it couldn't complete the job and said it failed.

But i've checked to see if AFS had a connection or at least was ON, and this is what I got

Error codes as well:
DSC - 5F62 (NO DSC Light)
AFS - 6137 (Yellow Steering wheel light)
SZL - 9501

·
Registered
710 Posts
Possibly the POreplaced toe end wo getting AFS re calibrated accordingly?

When I replaced my toe end steering wheel wasn***8217;t straight anymore and had to recalibrate it in DIS to get it to 0 center after alignment as the alignment shop did not have the right software.
But that being said the report you posted above looks like all is good angle wise though......assuming steering wheel was dead center.

·
30FF <3
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you tried to reinitialize the motor after recalibration .
I dont know the procedure, in doing that, first time using ISTA/D :cry:

I remember trying to do something with the motor position, and it said it did reset fine, but nothing changed so I never went back to that option.

·
30FF <3
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Try running a test plan on the 6137 fault and see if you can get possible causes ..
whats the procedure for that?

when I recognize the car, etc on the screen where it shows like a diagram of your modules when lines connecting to each other, modules related to my problem are:

dsc = green
szl = yellow
afs = yelow

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.