BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Everything's Bigger in TX
7,193 Posts
All I've seen is that they have a useless trunk

It's actually pretty usable, just smaller. Look at an M35 Hybrid. That's useless.

· Registered
220 Posts
I did notice that when I was looking at it. To me the hybrid is basically useless from a efficiency perspective as it only increases city mileage by 3 mpg. The only benefit is the increased power but it's hardly worth it for the price delta to the 535i.
Actually, because of the higher residual, a hybrid lease costs just slightly more than a comparably equipped 535 (its about the same lease cost on an ED). I considered it but the smaller trunk and lack of fold down seats was a deal breaker for me.

· Registered
521 Posts
I saw one at the local dealer, and my reaction to it was that the ActiveHybrid badge behind the rear door looked kinda cheesy.

· Registered
6,198 Posts
Actually, because of the higher residual, a hybrid lease costs just slightly more than a comparably equipped 535 (its about the same lease cost on an ED). I considered it but the smaller trunk and lack of fold down seats was a deal breaker for me.
They are also heavier thus less fun to drive.

· Registered
1,948 Posts
Agreed. My AH7 does pretty decent in the snow. Was surprised.

· Registered
6,198 Posts
I appreciated the extra weight in the back last week after the winter storm :)

Weight distribution - Automatic transmission 49.1/50.9

Besides it's the same weight difference if you have friends in the car.
That's why they have the regular 535 X Drive :)

· Registered
1,948 Posts
That's why they have the regular 535 X Drive :)
The delayed throttle response isn't on the monroney label either but it's included! Non existent on the AH cars.

· Registered
6,198 Posts
The delayed throttle response isn't on the monroney label either but it's included! Non existent on the AH cars.
:rofl::rofl:

You may have a point there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.