BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to reset the adaptation codes short of taking the car to the dealer
and paying out the ying yang---cna this be done by unhooking the battery--
can it be accomplished by hooking up a lap top?

·
Coole Russen
1,304 Posts
I'm not familar with car soft--what is that?
Thanks
It's a soft car lol.

Actually it's the software, you need to buy it, and also have a laptop. You can change a lot of settings in a car, read codes, and many more.

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all--guess I up the creek--I don't have a lap top--unless there's something
else that will work.

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well--just found that my son will be getting a lap top next week for a graduation present
that will start him off to college in the fall---car soft it is then.
Thanks all

·
Registered
637 Posts
carsoft is ****e, dont watse your time with it. what you can try doing is a battery reset. disconnect the +/- cables from the batt and touch the together for at least 30 sec. you should use a fused jumper if possible when doing this.

·
Registered
694 Posts
carsoft is ****e, dont watse your time with it. what you can try doing is a battery reset. disconnect the +/- cables from the batt and touch the together for at least 30 sec. you should use a fused jumper if possible when doing this.
This won't do anything but waste your time. All emission related data is stored on non-volatile memory as per the EPA.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I guess it depends on what you mean by "adaption"
Long term & short term fuel trim are "adaption" values.

Throttle adaptation and tranny adaption values have nothing to do with emission, but are adaption values.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts