BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
US infrastructure as it is cannot sustain a significant electrification of cars.
Oh, sure it can. Adding a 2kW battery to every car would increase fleet mileage perhaps 20%, and the EV can choose to charge or not, based on dynamic rates. That's electrification. They don't have to be 100% BEV right away. PHEVs also be lighter, faster, and generally better. Think "2024 Formula 1 car," not "2015 Nissan Leaf."

The cable is fully loaded on a cold winter night, without charging any Teslas.
Why would a cold winter night matter? Are you people heating shacks with toasters up there? Get some ground-source heat pumps and spray-in insulation whenever there's a renovation. The Canadians have been doing it for a decade.

Maybe you can unretire and build some nice new nukes before 2050, and then the whole problem goes away.

·
Retired Official Welcomer
2018 M4 Competition Package•2019 540i MSport
8,363 Posts
I could care less what the Government approves. I have my headlights coded with the Dazzle feature and the engine idle disabled. :p

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 110K miles NOKIAN WR G3 25K miles
21,358 Posts
The good news is none of this is happening at once. We'll build more grid infrastructure and solve urban charging. Even if we adhere to the 2030 timeframe for all new cars we'd still have over 50% of the US car population in gas cars in 2040. Gas stations didn't all spring up at once :)
According to the International Energy Agency, a predicted 23 million EVs sold worldwide in 2030 could lead to 5,750,000 tonnes of retired batteries by 2040, and this waste will keep piling up as EVs replace internal combustion engine vehicles.

Financial viability of electric vehicle lithium-ion battery recycling

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
According to the International Energy Agency, a predicted 23 million EVs sold worldwide in 2030 could lead to 5,750,000 tonnes of retired batteries by 2040, and this waste will keep piling up as EVs replace internal combustion engine vehicles.

Financial viability of electric vehicle lithium-ion battery recycling

What you talkin bout Willis?

Seriously what is the relevance of this to this thread?

·
Nuclear engineer
21,358 Posts
Infrastructure will not support significant numbers of EV.

Made ya cry. LOL

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
8,040 Posts
What you talkin bout Willis?

Seriously what is the relevance of this to this thread?
Relevance? Relevance is for tiny little closed minds. Willis don't need no stinking relevance. He is often thought provoking, rarely linear, and occasionally obtuse. But good teams need someone way out there on the spectrum to keep injecting creativity.

That land fill number is scary. A Pacific Ocean plastic garbage path on a grand scale.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Relevance? Relevance is for tiny little closed minds. Willis don't need no stinking relevance. He is often thought provoking, rarely linear, and occasionally obtuse. But good teams need someone way out there on the spectrum to keep injecting creativity.

That land fill number is scary. A Pacific Ocean plastic garbage path on a grand scale.
. No offense, but I seriously wouldn’t want to get cornered by the two of you at a cocktail party. I’m sure the convo would be thrilling!

Happy thanksgiving!

·
Nuclear engineer
21,358 Posts
. No offense, but I seriously wouldn’t want to get cornered by the two of you at a cocktail party. I’m sure the convo would be thrilling!

Happy thanksgiving!
Big Five Personality Dimensions
Extraversion - 26th percentile - low
Agreeableness - 3rd percentile - extremely low
Conscientiousness
- 96th percentile - extremely high
Neuroticism - 19th percentile - very low
Openness - 14th percentile - very low
The Big Five personality dimensions are broad personality traits that describe the majority of ways that people can differ from each other. What does this mean?

View attachment 1045988

Heh heh heh. Y’all bots are outed.

Personality. We used a language based person- ality model to estimate the Big Five personality traits: openness to experience, conscientiousness, extraversion, agreeableness and neuroticism (Park et al., 2015). This model was built over 1-3grams and a set of 2,000 LDA (Latent Dirichlet Alloca- tion; Blei et al. 2003) topics and resulted in predic- tion accuracies (Pearson r) of .43 (openness), .37 (conscientiousness), .42 (extraversion), .35 (agree- ableness) and .35 (neuroticism). Park et al. showed that these prediction accuracies are higher than correlations between self-report personality and personality ratings by friends.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Big Five Personality Dimensions
Extraversion - 26th percentile - low
Agreeableness - 3rd percentile - extremely low
Conscientiousness
- 96th percentile - extremely high
Neuroticism - 19th percentile - very low
Openness - 14th percentile - very low
The Big Five personality dimensions are broad personality traits that describe the majority of ways that people can differ from each other. What does this mean?
You’re making my point.

·
Nuclear engineer
21,358 Posts
You’re making my point.
You are looking for points for stating the obvious?

Let us see your Big Five scores from that site, where judgements are not made. Read and understand Jordan B. Peterson.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts