BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the adaptive throttle reset procedure, and now my sport mode feels like economy always has.

How long does it take to learn, and any tips for the best way to drive after a reset to get maximum pedal response?

· Registered
98 Posts
Before resetting the throttle adaptives, did you clean the throttle body? It needs to be VERY clean to relearn base settings. This is an electronic throttle control. The preferred method is to remove the throttle body from the vehicle to clean. If cleaning on the vehicle, do not have the key near the vehicle (safety precaution). If the computer reversed motor polarity to close the throttle plate with your finger inside, it would not be pretty. Either method, do not spray throttle cleaner directly into the throttle bore, as it can damage the TPS. Instead, saturate a shop towel or spray on a toothbrush head and work the carbon loose. Throttle relearn is intended to only be done with a clean throttle bore. No tricks to make the throttle more responsive. The computer is constantly monitoring changes.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response! I did the reset right after I cleaned the throttle body, DISA, and as much as I could reach without doing anything stupid within the intake manifold through the mounting hole for the DISA while it was off. It's getting a little closer to where it used to be, but still seems like its not sure whether that's the way I really drive yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.