BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If you are installing a dash cam then you might consider just tapping into the power wires at the mirror.

If you add a fuse then yes, you need the mini-fuse version. You will want to connect a relay that will disconnect the power once the ignition is turned off.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are installing a dash cam then you might consider just tapping into the power wires at the mirror.

If you add a fuse then yes, you need the mini-fuse version. You will want to connect a relay that will disconnect the power once the ignition is turned off.
I dont want to splice into any wires so the power wires at the mirror is no good for me.
If I plug the Add a Fuse in a slot that powers off when the car turns off, it should be fine.
Which fuse # is a good choice? :yikes:

·
Registered
2006 530xi 6 MT
4,360 Posts
Tapping into a wire with power up top near the mirror and sunroof stuff is the best option. That is no problem using one of those wires. Plus, you don't have to remove the trim around the A pillar to run the wire. There is an airbag there and it is tricky.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tapping into a wire with power up top near the mirror and sunroof stuff is the best option. That is no problem using one of those wires. Plus, you don't have to remove the trim around the A pillar to run the wire. There is an airbag there and it is tricky.
I rather not splice any wires for many reasons. I rather just use Add-A-Fuse but not sure which fuse slot is the best option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts