BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up our new 335i and love it except for the driver's right armrest. We had a 535i and the drivers armrest was was adjustable, i.e. forward and backward. Is it just me or do others find armrest a problem. Does anyone know of an aftermarket add-on?

·
Bimmerdex 7.4!
11,164 Posts
Just picked up our new 335i and love it except for the driver's right armrest. We had a 535i and the drivers armrest was was adjustable, i.e. forward and backward. Is it just me or do others find armrest a problem. Does anyone know of an aftermarket add-on?
Someone here did a DIY on this and posted about it. Maybe Nordic_Kat?
Oh, my Mama did bring me up right, Welcome to Bimmerfest!
And we need a pic of your car.

Here's mine all stretched out.

·
Chicks dig Wagons!
4,846 Posts
A lot of people have complaints about this issue.

See this thread for instructions on an upgraded armrest:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28555

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Yep - order the split armrest (Tischer has them at getbmwparts.com) for a decent price in whatever color your interior is. It makes it 2 piece and the drivers half slides forward and back, in the back position it is about the same as your stock one, in the front position it will slide to be even with the passenger side - great mod, I use mine all the time!

http://www.trademotion.com/partloca...fo&PartID=744972&siteid=214672&catalogid=4462

Rob

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts
Welcome!
Yes, The split armrest is absolutely one of the best add-ons you can do. Not only does it make the elbow posititon a little more comfortable, especially if you have an MT - but it just adds to the look and feel of the cockpit.

Here's a pic of it pushed into the forward most position.

That youtube video that Wingman posted is very valuable if you go ahead with the install.

ps: I actually got the best price on it going through Schmiedmann in Denmark. Even with shipping to the US it was cheaper than the US sources -- of course that was 9 months ago - dollar values fluctuate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.