BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm looking at getting a 525i (2006) and was wondering if it's possible to have the oem m sport bumper (like the M5 front) added to the 525. I'd also really like to add the ambient lighting but I don't know what's involved. The car I've found has all the features I'd like, and it's a 6 speed. I don't mind spending the extra money to make this stuff happen, but I'd like to know how possible it is with a couple thousand.

Thanks!

· Registered
2021 M340i
94 Posts
You can definitely add a new front bumper that looks like the M5. I believe that it is the M-tech kit.
There is also a tool coding that you can do (or have done) to change the lighting as well as different LED lights. I think you should be able to getting all done for less than thousands. Perhaps closer to $1k

· Officially a BMW Addict
1,282 Posts
sorry but what is the ambient lighting ?

· Registered
727 Posts
Orange glow interior lighting that is standard on a lot of cars and optional on others. Model and country specific.

· Officially a BMW Addict
1,282 Posts
Yeah I see them on every e60.

· Registered
1,042 Posts
My thoughts also. Might even be cheaper to get another car with the ambient lights if he gets lucky. Ambient lights are part of the premium package. Should be easy to find one for a little more money.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all of the replies. This particular car has a very good price & maintenance history, so I'm thinking I'd get it with the intention of possibly adding some of this stuff later on.

Is it true that there is a small amount of ambient light (the two small circles by the front reading lights) on all E60s or is it pitch black without the ambient light package?

Thanks!

· Registered
929 Posts
Thanks for all of the replies. This particular car has a very good price & maintenance history, so I'm thinking I'd get it with the intention of possibly adding some of this stuff later on.

Is it true that there is a small amount of ambient light (the two small circles by the front reading lights) on all E60s or is it pitch black without the ambient light package?

Thanks!
No, those two are standard on all E60's and are always orange.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.