BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if BMW is going to be adding new phones to their 'Compatible Phones' list? If not, what does it take to get them to add phones to this list?
I have the Blackberry Worldwide and my wife has the Envy (both from Verizon).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
BMW Enthusiast!
5,679 Posts
I guess I have a question - does it really matter? My phone is not on the list but links up perfectly.

·
Aficionado
3,016 Posts
Most BT phones will work. The ones in the list are the ones "tested" by BMW at the day of release. Some phones would experience intermittent conection issues even they are on the "list"; as reported here. Have you tried your phones already?
We have a HTC 3125 and a Motorola Q world, both running Windows mobile and they connect just fine. We switch between the two phones back and forth with no connectivity issues whatsoever.

·
My Other Car Is A Bus
1,097 Posts
Blackberries or (dingleberries) lol work just fine....

My iPhone 3G works great....

All BT phones should work with no problem.
Not all phones work equally well. While they seem to have basic functionality, the phonebook may not load. This means that the phone will have to be used to dial, and you can't call up your contacts using the radio or steering wheel buttons. I had this problem until I switched to an LG VX8300 Verizon (not on the list) after someone here posted that it worked for them. This seems to be a BMW issue imo. I will be getting a new phone before my lease is up, and I can only hope that the phone and the car will be compatible.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I was able to get the phonebook to load on my new Samsung by copying the contacts from the SIM to the phone. Might work for other brands/models. :dunno:

·
My Other Car Is A Bus
1,097 Posts
Verizon is always iffy. They lock the phones down, and restrict access in many ways. I'm just glad mine works in the X3.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not all phones work equally well. While they seem to have basic functionality, the phonebook may not load. This means that the phone will have to be used to dial, and you can't call up your contacts using the radio or steering wheel buttons. I had this problem until I switched to an LG VX8300 Verizon (not on the list) after someone here posted that it worked for them. This seems to be a BMW issue imo. I will be getting a new phone before my lease is up, and I can only hope that the phone and the car will be compatible.
hmmm, wierd....In theory all BT phones should work, at least basic BT functionality. I do feel as I once had a parttime job selling cell phones that Verison phones are some of the worst in regards to BT compatibility. They restrict so much of the usefulness that I will never had a Verison account. I am happy with ATT and liked my Sprint coverage, just didn't like the customer service. I dunno...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts