Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys...i know this thread is gonna start a whole lot of flaming...i really hope that people with negative comments can just keep it to themselves...all the comments about me being spoiled and being a careless teen are just immature...i can live without so please try not to say anything like that...

so im taking delivery of a 335i in may and i just wanted some tips since ive been reading a lot of threads about the 335i not being safe for teens...thanks in advance...:)

again...NO FLAMING PLEASE!!! :thumbdwn:

·
Banned
8,650 Posts
I will assume you are an intelligent teen, responsible, drug free, etc.

Now the issue for you is driving a car like the 335 at your age. What about your friends, other influences, etc? Kids your age can be down right stupid, jealous, etc. Those are the folks you have to worry about. You will also be tempted to show off to your friends which can get you in a lot of trouble of even killed.

I applaud your ability to get such a nice car at your age but it will be problematic for you. Just be prepared for the other kids who will bad mouth, alienate, or even vandalize your car. It goes with the territory.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will assume you are an intelligent teen, responsible, drug free, etc.

Now the issue for you is driving a car like the 335 at your age. What about your friends, other influences, etc? Kids your age can be down right stupid, jealous, etc. Those are the folks you have to worry about. You will also be tempted to show off to your friends which can get you in a lot of trouble of even killed.

I applaud your ability to get such a nice car at your age but it will be problematic for you. Just be prepared for the other kids who will bad mouth, alienate, or even vandalize your car. It goes with the territory.
hi there...thanks for the response....actually i really like the car you have and getting it (coupe not convertible) would be close to what my dad is paying for this e93 (well, leasing the 6 and financing the 3)...the problem was that the 6 would get much more attention so we went with the e93...the major selling point was the hardtop convertible...

i was considering putting a car cover over it at school but that would attract more attention...right?

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Your insurance is likely to be expensive. I hope you are mature for your age. When I was 16 I would not have had the maturity to handle a 335 without killing myself and perhaps others. Please, please drive responsibly.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your insurance is likely to be expensive. I hope you are mature for your age. When I was 16 I would not have had the maturity to handle a 335 without killing myself and perhaps others. Please, please drive responsibly.
i will...i dont plan on using my car to street race or to do anything illegal...the car is under my dads name so insurance shouldnt be too much of a problem i believe...

·
AMV Roady
7,469 Posts
hi guys...i know this thread is gonna start a whole lot of flaming...i really hope that people with negative comments can just keep it to themselves...all the comments about me being spoiled and being a careless teen are just immature...i can live without so please try not to say anything like that...

so im taking delivery of a 335i in may and i just wanted some tips since ive been reading a lot of threads about the 335i not being safe for teens...thanks in advance...:)

again...NO FLAMING PLEASE!!! :thumbdwn:
:rolleyes:

Large bag please. :rofl:

Attachments

·
Bimmerboy
343 Posts
Uhh, well def. be prepared for other ppl at school that will be jealous. Plus, take care of it. I know since you're a teenager just like me, you're gonna kick in to it every now and then. Just don't abuse the car, and be safe!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Uhh, well def. be prepared for other ppl at school that will be jealous. Plus, take care of it. I know since you're a teenager just like me, you're gonna kick in to it every now and then. Just don't abuse the car, and be safe!
will do...thanks...and nice car by the way! :)

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts
The car is very safe, but teens tend to drive fast (and with very little experience). This is what gets them killed. Unfortunately, quite often. :tsk:

My advice is to respect the vehicle. It has a lot of horsepower and although it can handle amazingly well, it can't defy the laws of physics.

Take care of it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The car is very safe, but teens tend to drive fast (and with very little experience). This is what gets them killed. Unfortunately, quite often. :tsk:

My advice is to respect the vehicle. It has a lot of horsepower and although it can handle amazingly well, it can't defy the laws of physics.

ill try my best...thanks!

·
Banned
8,650 Posts

+1 Also remember, for every BMW on the road, there are thousands of other cars with much less capability.

Meaning, if you drive agressively and have to stop fast, chances are the car behind you won't be able to and you will get to eat someone's front bumber.

·
1,343 Posts
My advice is get a e39:p I'm probably not that much older than you, so I can kind of relate I guess. There's really no advice to give, but be smart and use your head:dunno:. I garantee you're going to feel paranoid every time you leave your car somewhere for an extended period of time, my buddy just got a brand new A4 and that's how it is. Personally I'd get a lightly used bmw that I could mod that's where the fun is . Just remember that without trying you're automatically showing off, so watch your car at all times. You might want to reconsider in my honest opinion, I don't know how your temper is, but if someone fuked with my brand new bimmer i'd be riding in the paddywagon.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
My advice is get a e39:p I'm probably not that much older than you, so I can kind of relate I guess. There's really no advice to give, but be smart and use your head:dunno:. I garantee you're going to feel paranoid every time you leave your car somewhere for an extended period of time, my buddy just got a brand new A4 and that's how it is. Personally I'd get a lightly used bmw that I could mod that's where the fun is . Just remember that without trying you're automatically showing off, so watch your car at all times. You might want to reconsider in my honest opinion, I don't know how your temper is, but if someone fuked with my brand new bimmer i'd be riding in the paddywagon.
im a pretty calm person...dont get mad too easily...but if someone damaged my bimmer i dont think id be able to control myself :mad:

on a lighter note...what do you guys think of using a car cover at school...would it attract too much attention/ curiosity?

·
Registered
90 Posts
The car is heaps more safe for you to drive (and easier) than most cars teenagers drive. It's a precision piece of machinery Scotty. Treat it with RESPECT, don't be an idiot and you'll probably never love a car again as much as you are going to love that sweet black bimmer convertable. Read up on the car, read the manual and learn how to properly care for it.

·
Bo's ready for the Big 10
27,337 Posts
on a lighter note...what do you guys think of using a car cover at school...would it attract too much attention/ curiosity?
If you are paying for this car and everyone knows it your car will be okay. If your Dad bought it for you and then you roll into the school parking lot and start breaking out the car cover the other kids will probably think you are quite stuck up. When I was in high school a thousand years ago the guys with Camaro's that worked and bought them never had a problem with vandalism or jealous kids.

·
Flying monkey herder
8,162 Posts
im a pretty calm person...dont get mad too easily...but if someone damaged my bimmer i dont think id be able to control myself :mad:

i would skip the cover... that would call more attention to it than just leaving it alone... and would be like painting a big bulls eye on it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you are paying for this car and everyone knows it your car will be okay. If your Dad bought it for you and then you roll into the school parking lot and start breaking out the car cover the other kids will probably think you are quite stuck up. When I was in high school a thousand years ago the guys with Camaro's that worked and bought them never had a problem with vandalism or jealous kids.
the high school i go to is quite small...about 200 kids per class...800 overall...i dont have problems with anyone...ive never heard of anyones car being vandalized...the only thing is, none of the kids have bimmers...

and yes, my parents are paying for the car...i wasnt aware that that might make a difference...

·
BMW-Porsche-Mustang-Nut
793 Posts
As you are a young and evidently responsible person in a fortunate position, consider a few suggestions:

1) If your father can afford a 330, he can afford to send you to BMW's performance driving school. If not that, then please attend something similar. BMWNA sponsors car handling clinics for younger drivers.

2) Join the BMW CCA and attend local driver training events. Find a good mentor and learn how to navigate an auto-x course.

3) Read Roundel (which you will receive due to following #2 above.) From this you will learn more than can be summarized in one post.

4) Show leadership in your decisions: Elect to not carry more than one peer-aged passenger at a time. Avoid transporting friends of friends, particularly after dark. You don't ever need to show off your skills to anyone your age. Just because you will have 'wheels', does not obligate you to do anything that a friend asks. Opportunity and responsibility come together.

You are very fortunate, so use good judgement in your decisions. Many of us lost very close friends in avoidable accidents at an age close to yours.

Lastly, get lots of pictures of your car when it is new. Some day you will want to remember your first car and how much fun it was.

Ausgang

1 - 20 of 221 Posts