Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently purchased an '08 M3 Sedan in Essex County. i love the way the car looks WITHOUT the front license plate, and i really do not want to put one on the front.

based on your experience (or your friend's experience), how bad are the cops with pulling people over just for this infraction? and how bad is the fine for the infraction? i think it's around $50 (no points), but not positive.

thanks for everyone's help!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Put the plate on. All you are doing is giving the cops an excuse to pull you over.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't put the front plate on!
I live in Essex County...I bought my car last spring and I never put the front plate on. I haven't had a problem with the police...but I keep the plate in my trunk just in case...

I also have 35% on all windows...haven't had a problem with that either

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was reluctant to put the front bracket and plate onto my '08 550i, I figured I'd wait until I was pulled over. After 6 weeks driving all over NY State I was pulled over twice in the same day. In NY there is no set fee, you have to appear before the judge! I've since put it on. A $50 ticket is one thing, taking time to go to court is another.

·
Registered
3 Posts
don't put it on

i have a 2005 corvette that i felt the same way about ...
i do keep it in the trunk ...
but in three years and over 25K mi i have never been pulled over

·
Registered
44 Posts
"Officer, my wife nosed the garage wall and cracked the bracket. Dealer has ordered a new one, expects it any day now...."

Keep the plate in the trunk. As an added touch, you can crease one corner and smear some spackle on there.

Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts