BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently in a car accident with my beemer. Beemer to beemer hit. She hit my car as I was driving through a yellow. I filed a claim with my insurance and they classified it as no fault.

But now she is calling me off the hook and her insurance company has called me many times already. I also got a letter asking to call them back. I heard I shouldn't be picking those calls up, correct?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Other insurance may just need a statement from you.
I would call your insurance first to see what they want you to do.
After this, courtesy would be to call the other insurance back and tell them what happened (Truth).

Good luck!

FM

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Other insurance may just need a statement from you.
I would call your insurance first to see what they want you to do.
After this, courtesy would be to call the other insurance back and tell them what happened (Truth).

Good luck!

FM
but its not necessary correct?

·
Keeping it surreal
43,234 Posts
Let your isurance agent deal with it....that`s what they get paid to do....

·
Flying monkey herder
8,166 Posts
tell your ins company they're calling.... and refer them to your ins.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Let your isurance agent deal with it....that`s what they get paid to do....
+ 1 They want to handle everything so there is no slip ups Just be careful about the "Diminished Value" if its not a lease car.
cheers
vern

·
Registered
160 Posts
Never speak to the other person's insurance company. Direct them to call your company and say nothing else. Literally, hang up if they keep asking questions. The other person's insurance company is not your friend.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Talk to the claim rep from your company first and look for guidance. It's fairly standard procedure for the other carrier to need a statement, but don't do anything without your own companies blessing.

·
That'll buff right out
436 Posts
ditto!

Never speak to the other person's insurance company. Direct them to call your company and say nothing else. Literally, hang up if they keep asking questions. The other person's insurance company is not your friend.

DO NOT SAY A WORD TO THE OTHER PERSON'S INSURANCE COMPANY!
Refer them to your company and hang up.

·
Registered
2019 Silver 740i
653 Posts
100% correct. You are under no legal obligation to speak with them unless you are served with a subpoena.

Of course, if you don't speak with them they may decide you were at fault and sue you. But then your company will be obligated to hire a lawyer for you, and he'll be glad that you didn't say anything...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts