BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings.

I've got a 330i currently on the boat headed for Charleston, S.C. Prolly in the middle of the Atlantic right about now by my read of the W&W shipping route maps.

Anyway, I've ordered this car with a set of 18" Style 72M V-spoke wheels. After hanging around here for most of my days since I've been on order, I'm starting to think that I would be happier with a set of Breyton Visions.

Can anyone tell me if there is a practical way to get into Breytons? Any chance the dealer will let me bring in Breyton rims, take off the 72M wheels and give me ANY $$ credit?

I know I could just try to sell the 72Ms on the market, but it seems like it might be easier and cleaner (plus I wouldn't have to front the whole cost of both sets) if something else could be worked out.

Assuming that I tried to sell the stock 18" 72M-Vs (online or in Atlanta) in "like new" condition how much do you think I could get for the set of 4? (with or without the tires on them)?

-CMOS

20,210 Posts
CMOS said:
Greetings.

I've got a 330i currently on the boat headed for Charleston, S.C. Prolly in the middle of the Atlantic right about now by my read of the W&W shipping route maps.

Anyway, I've ordered this car with a set of 18" Style 72M V-spoke wheels. After hanging around here for most of my days since I've been on order, I'm starting to think that I would be happier with a set of Breyton Visions.

Can anyone tell me if there is a practical way to get into Breytons? Any chance the dealer will let me bring in Breyton rims, take off the 72M wheels and give me ANY $$ credit?

I know I could just try to sell the 72Ms on the market, but it seems like it might be easier and cleaner (plus I wouldn't have to front the whole cost of both sets) if something else could be worked out.

I'd rather not front the ~2k for the Breytons if possible. Not sure I could get away with that.

-CMOS
nope, not possible

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Most dealers won't even be willing to swap wheels with another OEM style off another car in inventory, let alone work with you for credit towards aftermarket ones. Some might offer you a measly $100/ea for the stocks and might bolt the aftermarket ones on if you buy em and bring em in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts