BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I want to change the tires and wheels on my Z4 to 18" wheels and tires. Currently I have 16" RF tires oem wheels.....sucks I want something like I had on my jetta Michelin xgt h4 225/40/18 but this is discontinued. I really enjoyed the ride of these tires. I dont race but I would still like to have a tire thats good at handling with a moderate life span. That said if someone has wheels they want to sell let me know. Chow!

·
Registered
20 Posts
hotBMRchick said:
Hi

I want to change the tires and wheels on my Z4 to 18" wheels and tires. Currently I have 16" RF tires oem wheels.....sucks I want something like I had on my jetta Michelin xgt h4 225/40/18 but this is discontinued. I really enjoyed the ride of these tires. I dont race but I would still like to have a tire thats good at handling with a moderate life span. That said if someone has wheels they want to sell let me know. Chow!
BMW makes Style 71 2-piece 18" wheels that look smokin' if you got the change (2.1k)

Go 7-1/2" wide in the front and 8-1/2" wide in the back :)

·
Living on the redline
27,238 Posts
What model Z4 do you have? :dunno:

Mark (formerly TeamZ4)

edit: never mind, if you have 16" wheels you obviously have a 2.5

I'd recommend 8" wheels all around with the same size tire on all four corners, IMO 235 or 245 would be better than 225, but you have to be mindful of the aspect ration/diameter

this will provide awesome balance on a 2.5plus you'll be able to rotate tires easily :thumbup: I don't recommend a staggered width setup :thumbdwn:

·
Living on the redline
27,238 Posts
330Cane said:
She says she has 16" OEM wheels, I am guessing she has a 2.5l (non sport).
yeah, I was typing the edit while you posted that, I saw it right after I posted

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.