BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am new to the forum. Wanted to know if anyone had thoughts on this car in terms of fairness of the price.

2006 330i 62k miles 6spd, sports pkg, one owner, my local BMW dealer verified no major fixes in its history, clean carfax and autocheck. New tires, brakes.

They are asking $19,987 and willing to move a little (maybe $19,000?). Seems to be a solid shop/dealer from conversations on the phone but who knows.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Link to car below:

http://showroom.auction123.com/auto_haus_motors/inventory/8416/2006/BMW/330/WBAVB33536AZ86455.html

·
Registered
54 Posts
That seems like a fair deal to me. I just bought a white 330 with 74k miles for $17k even. It has no options except premium and automatic, while your's is loaded.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, its exactly what I want. Just don't want to overpay as I can wait a bit. I am thinking offering between Trade Value ($17,750) and move back toward retail ($19,987). New to the negotiating realm and don't want to offer too low and not get a counter. Only dings on the car is that the new tires are not run flats but hell they are new!

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,939 Posts
Hi,
I am new to the forum. Wanted to know if anyone had thoughts on this car in terms of fairness of the price.

2006 330i 62k miles 6spd, sports pkg, one owner, my local BMW dealer verified no major fixes in its history, clean carfax and autocheck. New tires, brakes.

They are asking $19,987 and willing to move a little (maybe $19,000?). Seems to be a solid shop/dealer from conversations on the phone but who knows.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Link to car below:

http://showroom.auction123.com/auto_haus_motors/inventory/8416/2006/BMW/330/WBAVB33536AZ86455.html
Yeah, its exactly what I want. Just don't want to overpay as I can wait a bit. I am thinking offering between Trade Value ($17,750) and move back toward retail ($19,987). New to the negotiating realm and don't want to offer too low and not get a counter. Only dings on the car is that the new tires are not run flats but hell they are new!
Didn't take time to see all the pics, but the car looks good. In November 2009 I bought an '06, sport, premium, active steering with 54,100 miles for $1k over what they are asking. I think your strategy is good. Start at the trade value you find in your research and go up from there. Stay with it, back and forth and you'll probably come out with a good deal. Don't go up in more than $500 increments and try to keep it to $250 increments. I promise you they paid considerably less than the trade in values you see published online.

Even though the car is a find for you, it really is a little bit of an albatross for them, because not many buyers are looking for a manual tranny. If $19,987 is their initial asking price then it is virtually certain they can move by $2k and it's likely they could move by $3k - $4k.

Good luck. It's a gorgeous car and the 330i is a gem.

edit: looked at all the pics, looks very good. That car is kind of the negative of my car - Sonora, with beige leather and aluminum trim.

After you make the deal, have them pull that plastic cover off the top of the engine and inspect the bolts. There have been some issues with the aluminum bolts being over torqued and breaking. Look for any tell tale oil seepage. That car is a very early production model. It was probably built in May 2005. You might notice the steering wheel does not have the "thumb rests". I think there were a few other little updates, but they escape me right now. It's been so long. PM me and I'll tell you where you can probably get the vehicle warranty service record. If there's a BMW dealership nearby you might want to swing by there and see if they will give one to you or let you see it or at least tell you what's on it. BMW has gotten real finicky about those reports.

You might want to consider an extended service contract on the car. I got one underwritten by Tier One Warranty in Houston. It is 5 years/ 72000 miles from inception. I paid $2,380. I haven't had to use it yet, so I can't really give any recommendation, but I was comfortable with them. They don't sell directly. I'm sure they would be happy to refer you to one of the vendors. I got the top of the line warranty; an exclusionary warranty, which covers everything, EXCEPT what is SPECIFICALLY excluded. The excluded stuff is mostly routine maintenance. Another one I looked at is from Warrantech, which is here in the DFW metroplex. I think I'd already made my decision before I looked at them.

·
Not Here Anymore
5,203 Posts
Hi,

Thoughts? Thanks!

Link to car below:

It seems like a fair price. To add a point of reference. I bought my 330xi with 63K for $22K last August. It's a six speed automatic with PP, CW, SP, navigation, park distance sensors, comfort access, etc. Pretty much everything but active cruise, power sun shade, and the 18" style 162 wheels (love those wheels). Dealer also had a 3 month 3K miles warranty on the vehicle built into the price.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Another point of comparison. I bought my 330xi from a private party about a year ago for $21k. 36,000 miles, sports and premium (and other packages noted in my sig) plus active CPO and extended maintenance.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bought mine last May, exactly like yours. The tires being non-run flat is a plus as far as Im concerned, assuming it has a spare.
The deal looks fair to me; you probably have $1500 to work with.
Ive put about 3k miles on to the 46k. Not a single problem. Love it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts