BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking for some advice.. I'm looking at buy into a 4 series, however I'm dead set on finding one with the m performance body kit too.

So far I'm only finding 420d's with a price tag of around £30k, the milage is mostly varied around 30-40,000 too. A few people have told me this is quite a ridiculous price for a car with that milage, however my judgement has always been based purely because of the m performance kit (raising the price) - could I get a third opinion from actual BMW owners?

How do you go about declaring this with your insurance too? If it was delivered like that to the previous owner can I just insure the car based on it's price tag and what they discover?

My ideal spec is a petrol 4 series, m performance kit, automatic with the paddles.

The only closest thing I have found so far is this - the asking price is £27000, 37k miles - 420d m sport with m performance kit but no paddles and it's diesel.

_a2_

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Is "m performance body kit" in Europe the same thing as " M sport" here in the US (which is basically a set of factory OEM cosmetic upgrades to the steering wheel, front facia, and body trim), and the ability to purchase an OEM adaptive suspension?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is "m performance body kit" in Europe the same thing as " M sport" here in the US (which is basically a set of factory OEM cosmetic upgrades to the steering wheel, front facia, and body trim), and the ability to purchase an OEM adaptive suspension?
Not quite, M Sport is available over here too and typically an M Performance kitted car is usually an M Sport with upgraded front splitter, rear diffuser, skirts, exhaust and spoiler/lip.

M Sport:

M Sport with M Performance body kit:

·
pay it forward
1,389 Posts
OP, is the car pictured in your first thread the car for sale? It is sexy. From the look of the tailpipes, it looks like an M4. I would also imagine the torque would be wicked on the diesel version. Just my .02. I also don't know the cost of diesel fuel over there. In the states right now it would be silly to have a D versus a gasser due to the cheap price of gas right now. Something to think about.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Not quite, M Sport is available over here too and typically an M Performance kitted car is usually an M Sport with upgraded front splitter, rear diffuser, skirts, exhaust and spoiler/lip.

M Sport:

M Sport with M Performance body kit:

Ok.. that is what I was thinking actually... so let me ask you something....

What exactly is stopping you from finding an M sport car, and kitting that stuff out yourself? Why are you spending months searching for a car with all that on it already, and not having much luck, when its all things you can have added yourself?

thats kind of like shopping for a house, but saying you wont buy one that you like because it has the wrong color carpet and has wallpaper.

Of course, you would love to find a house that has exactly the color hardwood you want and no wallpaper, but those things are easily changed, whereas the location of your home is not easily changed.

Wanting gas vs diesel, totally get waiting on that. Wanting front and rear splitters and such to already be on a used car you are buying and not buying one because its not there already... i dont get.... unless I am missing something?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OP, is the car pictured in your first thread the car for sale? It is sexy. From the look of the tailpipes, it looks like an M4. I would also imagine the torque would be wicked on the diesel version. Just my .02. I also don't know the cost of diesel fuel over there. In the states right now it would be silly to have a D versus a gasser due to the cheap price of gas right now. Something to think about.
Nope it's one for sale from a private dealership. It's mileage is nearly 40,000 though and is over 3 years old.. had it been sub 22/25k then I would consider it more, however for £30k I can look at a late 2015 model in white (same spec and interior)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ok.. that is what I was thinking actually... so let me ask you something....

What exactly is stopping you from finding an M sport car, and kitting that stuff out yourself? Why are you spending months searching for a car with all that on it already, and not having much luck, when its all things you can have added yourself?

thats kind of like shopping for a house, but saying you wont buy one that you like because it has the wrong color carpet and has wallpaper.

Of course, you would love to find a house that has exactly the color hardwood you want and no wallpaper, but those things are easily changed, whereas the location of your home is not easily changed.

Wanting gas vs diesel, totally get waiting on that. Wanting front and rear splitters and such to already be on a used car you are buying and not buying one because its not there already... i dont get.... unless I am missing something?
The body kit can be around £10,000 from new, and unfortunately for me I don't have the funds to cover the car and extra kit on top from new.

Petrol over here is around £55-60 a tank, Diesel is probably £70 ish a tank. My issue is I do above 200-250 miles a week, so ideally diesel would make a lot more sense for fuel economy, but I'm after something with the opportunity to later sound great too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts