BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
If you're a vegan, you wont have much luck in most restaurants. However, if you are a vegetarian that can handle dairy products, fish, etc. than you should be good at most places.

I travelled with a psuedo vegetarian a few years back. She eats some fish and the occasional chicken and in Germany we had no problem finding a suitable meal for her at any of the restaurants. Typical vegetarian fare would be noodles with cheese or tomato sauce dishes, dumplings with wild mushrooms sauces (mmmmm), fish dishes, lots of salad selections, breads/pastries, etc. However, as in the US, some of these dishes may be made with meat broths or similar ingredients that may not be spelled out in the menu. You'll have to ask.

Not to mention, last I checked beer is considered a vegetarian freindly food :rofl:

·
Registered
207 Posts
not a great selection

Just got back. Wife's a vegetarian. Pizza is available. We actually had a late night snack at a good Indian restaurant, Rasoi. It was within walking distance of the hauptbanhof and Le Meridien. Can't remember exactly, it was after many liters of bier. There's lots of fresh fruit, but I know that won't fly. Most Munich restaurants had at least one pasta dish and salad dish.

good luck.

·
Spartacus_33
813 Posts
chipat said:
Specifically in Germany and Swiss.
One word...Dunkel :drink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts