BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I told a friend of mine that there are some pretty knowledgable people here and I would see if I could get some advice on the following:

He is looking at a 1995 540i with 87K miles. I haven't seen it yet, but he says it drives and looks great. Anyone care to make any general comments or give any advice on things to be aware of with this particular model. I think he said that the asking price is $15,900.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
JJKK said:
I told a friend of mine that there are some pretty knowledgable people here and I would see if I could get some advice on the following:

He is looking at a 1995 540i with 87K miles. I haven't seen it yet, but he says it drives and looks great. Anyone care to make any general comments or give any advice on things to be aware of with this particular model. I think he said that the asking price is $15,900.
Two words....run away. Unless you are absolutely certain the block has been replaced this car will be more hassle than what it is worth. BMW had to extend the factory warranty to 6 years 100k miles because of this problem. In short the block needs to be replaced.

I made a post about this problem in the past couple weeks. Search for my name and read that post.

Bruce
E30 M3 2.5

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,461 Posts
JJKK said:

Get me the last 7 digits of the VIN number if you want to know more about the car.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jon.

I may go take a look at the car with him tomorrow, I'll get the VIN.

·
Here since day one
7,183 Posts
I don't know about your friend but if it were me, I'd rather buy a lower mileage lessor type of car. Bmw's out of warranty with that type of Mileage could get very expensive so what looks like a low price an entry actually turns out to be a lot of $$$

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jon S. Heres the VIN

WBAHE6324SGF30423. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts